Favourite Characters of Fallen London

The good news are that the Topsy-King’s the next character I’m gong to encounter. The bad ones are that there still are 77 First City Coins between us :s

Agreed, he makes a wonderful friendly enemy, doesn’t he. I even wrote him into the Master Thief storyline as a temporary security consultant for the Brass Embassy, because Yana certainly wouldn’t be done matching wits with him.

Of course, if you like him now, wait until you discover why he’s really in London.

The good news are that the Topsy-King’s the next character I’m gong to encounter. The bad ones are that there still are 77 First City Coins between us :s[/quote]

If you wish to commission some unsavoury activity or other to obtain these coins, I would be happy to help.

The good news are that the Topsy-King’s the next character I’m gong to encounter. The bad ones are that there still are 77 First City Coins between us :s[/quote]

If you wish to commission some unsavoury activity or other to obtain these coins, I would be happy to help.[/quote]

Thank you very much! But I’m afraid my current Qualities wouldn’t allow me to plan an effective theft T.T I’m currently building up Connections:Criminals for the other option, but if I’ll ever be able to plan a proper heist, I’ll let you know at once. For now I’m following you on Twitter ^^

EDIT: I think I misread the Wiki - I don’t actually neet 70+ Qualities for planning the theft, only you do! Well, if I may, I think I could use some help ^^
edited by streetfelineblue on 12/28/2011

(At the risk of being off-topic, streetfelineblue, I would recommend getting a single point of Connected: Masters and take that option. It’s the most profitable way to amass coins. You’ll only need that plus the theft to get the required 77 coins.)

In fact it’s what I’m planning to do XD I already got that point from Mr Sacks this Christmas! And to return in topic, I wonder how I could forget about him… Our delicious, devious Santa of the Neath. With the dark sack of secrets and the half jolly, half creepy attitude à la Joker from Batman… Probably the most fascinating of the Masters, except maybe for Mr Eaten.

I love how fascinating the EBZ cast is. It’s what I love about Tom Waits: you get a brief and very evocative sketch of many characters and a rich landscape. As I read these threads, I keep thinking – “Right, I loved that one. And that one too! And wow, what intelligent, eloquent fellow players!”

I personally love the devils best – both the Affectionate and the Deviless. I notice that the Portfolio of Souls description indicates that it’s for more advanced items, such as courting the Quiet Deviless… I’m hoping that becomes an option soon!

I too loved the sad sisters of Hunters’ Keep. I love the Rubbery Men – they seem like British, sad Illithids. I also love it when someone that you know through allusion suddenly becomes an option to meet, like Mrs. Plenty.

I think Mr. Eaten might be my other favorite character – I keep losing my nerve about pursuing the storyline any further, but I love the menace in the chase!

[quote=Chris Gardiner]I’m curious. We all have our favourites on the development team.

Personally, I love the Bishop of Southwark. He’s the most bombastic and proactive of the characters associated with the Church, who tend to be more mild, and his schemes are so deranged the only real response to them is to stand up and applaud. Plus he’s hilarious. Who doesn’t like a good wrestle?

What about you? Who are your favourite characters in the game (minor or major) and why?[/quote]

After completing (for now) the Theological Husnbandry storyline, including the Fate-Locked portion, I can understand your appreciation of the Bishop, at the point that he convinced my character to do something he wouldn’t usually have done. And after all that, meeting up again shoveling snow from our neighbour’s lodgings got me smiling ^^

Also, His Amused Lordship. I love the way he uses obfuscating stupidity to cloud his real intentions.

I will fight you for his love(!)

The tomb-sisters they call the Mercies (on the revamped Bandages and Dust: The Tomb-Colonies card) carbonated my joie de vivre.

After our wild ride was over, I was disappointed they didn’t rate an entry under Acquaintances as I was hoping for further exploits. Someday…

[quote=Blast_Fantastic]The tomb-sisters they call the Mercies (on the revamped Bandages and Dust: The Tomb-Colonies card) carbonated my joie de vivre.

After our wild ride was over, I was disappointed they didn’t rate an entry under Acquaintances as I was hoping for further exploits. Someday…
[/quote]

I like the Mercies too, but they’re still too undefined to shine. I hope they give them some tasty mysterious storylet later on :3

The Once-dashing Smuggler, The Manager and the Bishop of Southwark.
The mercies may become another one, but than they’ll need more content.

As it happens, I just met the Mercies for the first time. Aren’t they fun! They’ll be invited to all my most exciting events.

Currently… I’m obviously fascinated by Mr Eaten, but I can’t say I really like the character himself since I never met him. But what I know (ou whant I believe I know) about him is very interesting and deep.

Mr Wines is funny, I really like him, I always feel at ease when he’s around. Like Mr Heart too, mostly because of its strange appetites.
But they are special, they are the Masters. Their role give them a special status.

For the other characters, I really like The Duchess. I find her highly respectable and her story touching.
The Manager too. Because of what I learnt about him. Very touching. Very sad. Just like the Duchess.
The Topsy King. Funny, incomprehensible, and when you learn about him, touching again…
I’m surprised because none of the minor characters really gave me a lasting impression, even though I appreciate almost all of the major characters (I just named my favourites). Ô_o…

His Amused Lordship is one of my favorites, due to how bombastic and just plain pleasant he is. Something about the Implacable Detective stuck out to me as well. The Ragged Mendicant from way back in the benefactor cards seemed very interesting too. As for the more romantic endeavors, the Once-Dashing Smuggler’s romance route was very sweet, in my opinion. I do hope they do more with the Revolutionary Firebrand, he and the Secular Missionary’s routes seem unfinished from what I’ve seen.

Clay and Jasper are my favorite unfinished men. I also like Lyme quite a bit.

I’m gonna say Regretful Soldier for favourite character, with the Persuasive Mysterious Benefactor (spoilers!) as a runner-up. The writing relating to the Soldier tends to be beautifully understated. One really gets the idea that one is just… standing in front of this huge abyss of horror and regret, and always just getting the briefest of glimpses. The triply-locked storylet that lets you help his wife and see the consequences (again, spoilers!) is really touching.

As for the Benefactor, I just really like them. No issues, no dark secrets, no exploitation, just a beneficial arrangement, a sympathetic ambition and, possibly, a brightened future. What’s not to like?

I must admit a fondness for the Secular Missionary. Hopefully she gets some more content eventually.

I absolutely can’t decide who my favourites are :) That said, I adore the devils (give us some more devil characters, pretty please!) and I really enjoyed my dalliance with the Once-Dashing Smuggler.

And I can’t forget Mr Eaten! He really is absolutely fascinating, and the more I find out, the more I want to know… And, slightly, related, Mrs Plenty! I want to know more about her too!

The Quiet Deviless. For the first time since I began my descent, I’m half-tempted to abandon the search for the Name, if it means I can have her. Also, the Bishop of Southwark, the Mercies, and the Masters in general, particularly Mr Pages. (The Definiculate Dictionary has to be an in-game item at some point.)

Also the Hundreds and the Bazaar itself, for certain definitions of ‘favorite’ and ‘character’.