Favorite Order in Knife and Candle

I have just started to give Knife and Candle serious consideration. As part of my research, I learned about the orders in Knife and Candle.
Besides difference in play styles, what makes the orders different? Which order is your favorite? Why?

They all have their own benefits, but I would say it depends really on what sort of character you are.

The Vespertines are masterful fighters, savage as can be, and would certainly win in a brawl.

The Serpentines are masters of shadow and deception, almost certainly light on their feet. One can’t kill what they can’t see, no?

The Ovates. I myself belong to them. Probably the least defined and most open style. Personally, Atticus is a duelist and a marksman, skilled but not powerful. He fights fair at first, but only once several contingencies are in place, be it a poison blade, explosives, ranging to some high-level Moriarty stuff. Others interpret Baroque players to simply be weird. Like “Tried to kill me by dropping snakes down the chimney” weird.

I’m usually a baroque player but since there was an option to start over, I was wondering what the lore and/or mechanical differences are.

The Vespertines have a role in the Flint Extraordinary Story.

Mechanical differences are minimal. IIRC, the slight stat bump isn’t enough to get you a better reward from a sponsor, and 1-4 stat points isn’t likely to make a difference in a duel’s outcome. It mainly comes down to lore.

IDK, I’m going to say that the stat bump could be worth doing.

The first point is, actually. Most mechanics in videogames use rounding down to prevent munchkins and min-maxers (kind-of-nonsensically because it just moves the breakpoints up), but the payouts from a sponsor round up. As a result, joining an order is noticeable in terms of payout, but (probably) useless in terms of success-rate.

I just recently got into Knife and Candle, just as something to do. I’m pursuing the Order Serpentine because I find the lore on their medals the most interesting. I did also take into consideration that I already missed the EF story content for Vespertine, so I’m hoping that two other two will get their turn.

The first point is, actually. Most mechanics in videogames use rounding down to prevent munchkins and min-maxers (kind-of-nonsensically because it just moves the breakpoints up), but the payouts from a sponsor round up. As a result, joining an order is noticeable in terms of payout, but (probably) useless in terms of success-rate.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure that’s not actually accurate - iirc payouts from a sponsor round down but give one more item than you’d expect. So for example, with February as sponsor Savage 100 and 101 both pay out with one Thirsty Bombazine Scrap.