Fastest ways to grind making waves?

I’m trying to maximize the extra confessions I can earn on Hallowmass. What’s the fastest way to generate making waves in a short period of time? Even ones that are a little expensive, and chew up stockpiled resources.

Tales of Terror. If you have a stockpile built up, just burn through it - about 5.5MWpa. If not, just take one stack of 50 and cycle it around - about 1.7 mwpa. If you pull the right cards you can do better than that, of course, but tales of terror, zee stories, visions of the surface, and incendiary gossip are the way to go, and Tales of Terror are the easiest to farm, through Thefts of particular character.

At least that’s the best option I can remember.

After, of course, you’ve used up your free evenings. The accommodation cards often have options for farming MW, but they tend to be expensive and give large quantities, which might be rather inefficient if you only need moderate chunks.
edited by RandomWalker on 10/29/2016

RandomWalker, can you please clarify the &quotcycle it around&quot part? I dropped 50 Tales in Summerset, which got me my next notability point, but now I have to start grinding again.

Harlocke, if you haven’t been banned from Court, repeatedly pursuing the Life of the Mind is helpful for the first 15 waves or so, and only costs actions. But as you get up there, it takes more actions.

Each 50p item (usually level 3 in a catagory but not always) can be chain converted. 4 of the conversions grant 1-10CP of making waves, so a pile of them is handy to work with. The carousel does loop back around, so even if all you have is one set of 50 you won’t run out.

• Convert Incendiary Gossip into Memories of Distant Shores
  • Convert Tales of Terror to Compromising Documents:
  • Convert Zee-Ztories to Strangling Willow Absinthe:
  • Convert Vison of the Surface to Mystery of Elder Continent

To gain starting material, grinding Casing for Tales of Terror is a good way.

I found heists pretty good if you go for really high values of burglar’s progress (is that what it’s called?).

Tales of Terror -> Extra Implications -> Uncanny Incs nets quite a bit of MW, but requires a lot of expensive materials if you actually plan to get a reasonably large amount of MW from it. The regular cycle of 50 pence items will get ~1.7 MW as mentioned, though if you had already stockpiled them in the form of the MW gaining ones, it’s 5.5 MW per action.

A salon/orphanage is good too, though for this holiday, you get so much MW from it that it’ll likely be useless for anything other than notability 5->6. Also it’s hella expensive.

[quote=RandomWalker]Tales of Terror. If you have a stockpile built up, just burn through it - about 5.5MWpa. If not, just take one stack of 50 and cycle it around - about 1.7 mwpa. If you pull the right cards you can do better than that, of course, but tales of terror, zee stories, visions of the surface, and incendiary gossip are the way to go, and Tales of Terror are the easiest to farm, through Thefts of particular character.

At least that’s the best option I can remember.

After, of course, you’ve used up your free evenings. The accommodation cards often have options for farming MW, but they tend to be expensive and give large quantities, which might be rather inefficient if you only need moderate chunks.
edited by RandomWalker on 10/29/2016[/quote]

I have a lot of tales of terror. Do I want to go all the way for coruscating souls, or should I cash out somewhere along the way?

For making waves, you turn them into compromising documents instead. And if you upgrade those all the way you get quite a bit of making waves as well.

In order to gain MW from tales of terror, you should convert it up to Extraordinary Implications (which you can then convert to Uncanny Incunabula for a ton of MW), or, if you don’t have enough tales to do that, you can choose the side convert option to convert to Compromising Documents, and keep side converting since some of those options give MW.

Also, I used up all 5 points of notability to get a confession and now I can’t force draw the Amanuensis from lodgings anymore. Can someone who can spare a point of notability send one my way? I can definitely return the favor later if needed.

In general, it seems like a good idea to me, for people who are grinding notability for confessions, to trade first points of notability to each other so we’d only have to get up to notability 5 instead of 6.
Let me know if you’re interested :)

Yes, or that.

Also the notability trading was sadly disabled when the app came out, and I do not believe it has made a reappearance.

Hmm. Are you sure about that? I drew the card half an hour ago and seem to recall the option still being there… I might easily be wrong though, haha.

If notability trading is really gone, someone should update the wiki.

[quote=alwaysmetara]Hmm. Are you sure about that? I drew the card half an hour ago and seem to recall the option still being there… I might easily be wrong though, haha.

If notability trading is really gone, someone should update the wiki.[/quote]
When it was disabled, it was presented as a stop-gap solution until a technical one was created. I think no one updated the wiki in the belief it would be re-enabled soon. There may be something rolled out in the near future.

The option is no longer active on the card (perhaps it’s marked as impossible in the app?)

“Vison of the Surface” → “Mystery of Elder Continent” → “Scrap of Incendiary Gossip” → “Memories of Distant Shores” →
“Brilliant Souls” → “Tales of Terror” ==> “Compromising Documents” → “Memories of Light” → “Zee-Ztories” ==> “Strangling Willow Absinthe” ==> “Whisper-Satin Scraps” → “Journals of Infamy” → “Correspondence Plaques” → Visions Again
Whew!