Fallen London Redesign - Now Live

Same as you can do with any other site, within limits: browser options and tick request desktop site.

I’m mostly in London these days playing storylets and opportunity cards. But I must say that the new site is running near flawless. Running the latest version which is 2.16.67.

How’s everyone’s experience everywhere else? Out to zee and exceptional stories?

I agree that the new site works pretty well - I still think there are a few QoL issues, though: most notably the fact that it’s much more difficult to go through the journal now. You can’t easily refer to the results by page, now, so if you want to review your entries from a year ago, say, you’re forced to just push &quotload more&quot for a long, long time.

The ability to review the journal by page (in the URL) would go some way towards solving this. Or possibly including a search function, although I understand that one’s been on the docket for a while.
edited by Daedalus_Falk on 10/20/2018

Same as you can do with any other site, within limits: browser options and tick request desktop site.[/quote]

Some sites have a button to let you toggle between versions, without having to do it with your browser.

How does one delete a journal entry? I don’t see any possibility in the new journal.

Ok. So, a giant problem. The new option to switch between the bazaar, the inventory, messages and the game, obstructs my respond button when I try to click it. So, I can’t send any messages on there :( As old cooty as that sounds, wouldn’t it be easier to put the bars on top of the very page like in the old design? Then, I would be able to use every button, even on mobile.

I’ve run into some trouble recording the same action multiple times - is it just not possible at all anymore? It’d kind of be a shame, since I sometimes use repeat actions for kind of narrative purposes in my character’s journal…

Hi. I want to know how i can erase the text from my profile. I don’t see the “remove” button or an “X” for deleting…

Old icons showing up in location descriptions, when I hover my mouse over them https://i.imgur.com/jAd0hF2.png
edited by Lucius Vera on 10/29/2018

Also, to adress my mobile Problems, compare this

to this

Both screenshots come from the very same Mobile. The huge bar at the bottom obstructs the lowermost choices now. If I sent this to the wrong place, please let me know, though.

Is the &quotsuggest a contact&quot button ever going to come back? Tournament of Lilies, betrayals, confession trading and so on are all basically impossible now without resorting to resources outside the game. I really liked that feature and would love to see it return.

P.S. the last few days I have been having issues with the action count not updating after using an action (on mobile).
So it frequently happens that actions appear to be available and the buttons are lit up as if they are, but trying to use one just plays a loading animation on the button for a moment. Has anyone else seen this?
edited by Monara on 10/29/2018

Yes, others have mentioned it (action count). It has its own thread now.

Sure, that’s way more intrusive than just taking up some vertical space. But as with the green bar in the old version, you’re just supposed to read it and then click on it to make it go away. Can’t you do that on mobile? Though since there have been more news since then, I guess it might be replaced with stuff about exceptional stories and Hallowmas. But just keep clicking on that (X)! Or did I misunderstand something?

Sure, that’s way more intrusive than just taking up some vertical space. But as with the green bar in the old version, you’re just supposed to read it and then click on it to make it go away. Can’t you do that on mobile? Though since there have been more news since then, I guess it might be replaced with stuff about exceptional stories and Hallowmas. But just keep clicking on that (X)! Or did I misunderstand something?[/quote]

[li]

Sorry. I explained it wrong. I can click the box away, but the bar to choose between myself, the bazaar and storylets is what I mean

Is anybody else keeping track of the version number? I have seen the number &quot2 point something point something&quot increase every few days without any announcements, which probably means FBG is making small tweaks in the background and fixing bugs (thanks for that by the way if you are reading this), and now I notice we are in version 3. I am curious why that is/ what are the changes in Fallen London, or if it has any significance at all, seeing as this has no change log either.

According to our friendly web design magician, version 3 involves some changes to possessions and qualities. There’s some bugs as a result but things are being worked out.

In general, if you want to know about the latest exciting bugs and minor updates, they’re usually discussed on the discord server.

thank you

I’ve been really enjoying the longer journal titles that we’re now allowed to have.

Just a heads up that if you haven’t already noticed, ‘Suggest a Contact’ is back when you’re on the social action screen choosing a name to interact with.

It looks like everything is wider now. that’s MUCH better. Now I can see all my pet hoard on the same page!