Fallen London Fanart Competition

[color=#0066ff]As this is the forum with the most traffic: Our first ever fanart competition has just gone live![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Details of prizes, the theme and how to enter[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]I hope some of you will consider entering! Voting for the winners will take place on the forums in between 10 and 16 August.[/color]

[quote=Failbetter]
12. Failbetter Games, its officers, employees and other staff will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up any prize except where it is caused by the negligence of any of Failbetter Games, its officers, employees and other staff.[/quote]

Take note and take care when wearing your Exceptional Prize - you won’t be able to sue FBG if the Exceptional Necklace decapitate you!

All finished! Aside from the obvious flaws of not being submitted via tumblr, not being my own art, and not being tagged correctly, I do believe this satisfies the competition requirements. Hurrah!

All actual credit goes, of course, to Theodor Seuss Geisel and Failbetter Games. These are their images, after all. I just bashed them together repeatedly, because I am incapable of Doing Art. Enjoy.

(This post will no doubt teach me not to work on and post things at one in the morning. However, I find it amusing now, so damn the consequences! And the inevitable embarrassed wincing I shall do in the morning! The morning with sunlight added in, that is.)
[li]
edited by The Dark Gentleman on 7/14/2015

So I take it the theme is not just one of those items, but all four together?

Must the fan art only be composed of one work that relate to bats, rats, cats, and hats? Or could it possibly be several pieces each tackling one of them?

[quote=Dry Fish]So I take it the theme is not just one of those items, but all four together?

Must the fan art only be composed of one work that relate to bats, rats, cats, and hats? Or could it possibly be several pieces each tackling one of them?[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]The theme is as you describe, and we will only shortlist one piece from an artist. Best of luck![/color]

The guidelines refer to singular images, but would a (reasonably) short comic be eligible?

[color=#0066ff]Yes, but limit yourself to a one-pager.[/color]

I wish to register a complaint about the use of Tumblr for submissions.

I have now signed up for a Tumblr, and I THOUGHT I had uploaded, captioned and tagged my drawing… but it won’t load and display, and I have no idea how to make it work.

Dragonridingsorceress, I saw the same problem… Solved by uploading the image somewhere else and using a link, but people must click on the post to see the image now.

I hope it won’t stop people from checking it out.

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]I wish to register a complaint about the use of Tumblr for submissions.

I have now signed up for a Tumblr, and I THOUGHT I had uploaded, captioned and tagged my drawing… but it won’t load and display, and I have no idea how to make it work.[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]Post a link to your Tumblr, and I can hopefully diagnose the problem. Same for you, Docteur. Thanks![/color]

[quote=Hannah Flynn][quote=dragonridingsorceress]I wish to register a complaint about the use of Tumblr for submissions.

I have now signed up for a Tumblr, and I THOUGHT I had uploaded, captioned and tagged my drawing… but it won’t load and display, and I have no idea how to make it work.[/quote]

[color=#0066ff]Post a link to your Tumblr, and I can hopefully diagnose the problem. Same for you, Docteur. Thanks![/color][/quote]
Thank you Hannah!

http://dragonridingsorceress.tumblr.com/
I’ve now tried uploading directly through Tumblr, AND uploading via Flickr, so there are two or three posts of the same thing.

ETA: Apparently there are quite a few images not showing on Tumblr at the moment so… at least it isn’t just me?
edited by dragonridingsorceress on 8/10/2015

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]ETA: Apparently there are quite a few images not showing on Tumblr at the moment so… at least it isn’t just me?
edited by dragonridingsorceress on 8/10/2015[/quote]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Sod’s law that, on the morning our competition closes, Tumblr has a grump about images! I have it now, and all will be well.[/color]

It seems you’ve already found the image, since you’ve reblogged it. You’re just too good!

[color=#0066ff]Excellent! I don’t want anyone to miss out. :) Thanks for entering![/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Oh no, What!? 12 noon BST?[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Crap crap crap, I thought I had until the end of the 10th. I’m not ready, aaaaaaaaargh![/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Oh god, I don’t even have a tumblr account yet.[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I guess I’ll just try my best to finish it quickly and post it anyway. Might as well, I’m so close. [/color]

I hurriedly uploaded an image to tumblr late last night as a competition entry. I’m not sure whether it was received or not, so I’m linking it here just in case, as advised: the scent of rain, smoke and tea (Fallen London fan art competition entry: A...)
Thank-you, and I’m very sorry for any trouble.

(I’m currently bitteralmondtea/ a lady sipping bitter almond tea on Fallen London.)

[li]
edited by malachiteandcharcoal on 8/10/2015

[quote=malachiteandcharcoal]I hurriedly uploaded an image to tumblr late last night as a competition entry. I’m not sure whether it was received or not, so I’m linking it here just in case, as advised: the scent of rain, smoke and tea (Fallen London fan art competition entry: A...)
Thank-you, and I’m very sorry for any trouble.

(I’m currently bitteralmondtea/ a lady sipping bitter almond tea on Fallen London.)

[li]
edited by malachiteandcharcoal on 8/10/2015[/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li][color=#0066ff]Got it now, thank you![/color]

[/li]

I know this is late, but I checked everywhere beforehand but did not find the exact hour! So if it doesn’t count, that’s unfortunate, but I thank you for your time regardless. I’m enjoying browsing the awesome works everyone has submitted (on time…)

http://thedryfish.tumblr.com/post/126343502195/carnelian-and-malachite-anticipation-of-the-hunt

Posted this a while ago, but I’m not sure you guys got it.
My submission for the Fallen London fanart competition. Image kept getting messed up when I tried to post it, so I had to screw with the image dimensions a bunch :/ Forgive the terrible quality, I’m...

Thank-you![li]