Fallen London app: Release Update

[color=#0066ff]Want to talk about the Fallen London Beta? Use the thread in Parabola![/color]
[color=#0066ff]

Fallen London for iPhone and iPad will come out in the first quarter of 2016.

We only get one opportunity to launch the app, and we want to be certain it’s as good as we can possibly make it.

We’re also making a lot of improvements to the game itself. Some of these you have seen, like the now-completed revamp of the early game in our new Making Your Name content.

We have more revamped and new content coming before we launch which we think you’ll love. (Fancy trying your hand at some Fallen London-style confidence trickery?)

While you wait: [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)]For a chance to join the closed beta, [/color]add your email to our testing mailing list[color=rgb(0, 102, 255)] and we’ll be in touch![/color][color=#0066ff]

Flint II will be the biggest piece of content ever released in Fallen London (that’s just part II; together they are monstrous). Expect it on 26 November!

Christmas is coming. Not just to Fallen London, but also in Sunless Sea…[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 12/4/2015

Exciting stuff! I hope it goes so smashingly that the Android port is able to follow in not too much delay. :-) Thanks for the update!

I added my phone, after finally checking my email, but while I can download something on my laptop, that option doesn’t seem available. Does it simply mean I should wait to see if I get in another testing group in the future?[li]

I compulsively check my phone all day to perform various actions or draw cards. Fallen London is the first thing I see in the morning and the last before I sleep.

I wish I was one of the selected to try the mobile application. That being said, I hope an acceptance wasn’t sent to my spam folder by accident…

Christmas in Sunless Sea? Awesome!

[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Hang on for now. There’ll be an update about testing in the next few days. :)[/color]

I received the email stating that testing was opened but no other email with an invitation or access code accompanied it. Does the fact that my apple ID differs from my email affect this or am I just missing something?

I accepted the test, and indeed it loaded the correct character… But it seems to be a reflection of my character from months ago…

[color=#0066ff]If your invite has gone astray, please email testing@failbettergames.com and we’ll send you another![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]The character should be from a few months ago, don’t worry. It’s not the live game, so anything you do to test with your character won’t be reflected in your real character.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Enjoy![/color]

Since I believe it was asked, the pictures and stuff on the loading screen look fine to me.

My primary OS is Android, but I’ve just got an iPad. Since I’d rather be honest, I’ve picked “Android” as my primary OS… But I’d really love to test out the iOS app!

I am somewhat confused as to how Fate works. Are there two pools one for testing and for actual playing? Can I buy Fate at all on the testing account? I feel very jittery doing so on a testing platform…

The mobile app is currently working on a separate server which was snapshotted from the live game sometime in August, so Fate and everything else is completely separate. Right now there doesn’t appear to be a functional method to buy Fate, so you should only need to worry about running out during testing rather than making an accidental purchase.

It may be good to stress that this isn’t live in those handy pop up messages when the app loads! I was confused too. I think I was partly tossed off by the mention of Advent codes not working and assumed, well, then, is everything else working?

Well that answers the question of where all my connected:bohemian went, I am relieved to know it wasn’t eaten by the void

Upon loading the app keeps showing me a “Server is not online” message and doesn’t get past the loading screen with New Newgate. Is there a reason/setting that I can change to fix this? Is this a bug with the app, or an error with TestFlight?

[color=#0066ff]Please send this as a bug report, via TestFlight. Thanks![/color][color=#0066ff]
[/color]

[color=#0066ff]
[/color][color=#0066ff]Send an email to testing@failbettergames.com, mentioning whichever email address you used to sign up for testing, and I’ll see if I can switch your answer and get you on to the build. It might take a while.[/color]

[color=#0066ff]Thanks everyone! There’s a thread for the FAQs coming in about this build in Parabola.[/color]

Is this where we’re officially posting bugs and such?

The forum link on the News Item splash page doesn’t correctly link to the forums.

And is the map of London supposed to pinch zoom or is it static?

[quote=odessa]Is this where we’re officially posting bugs and such?

The forum link on the News Item splash page doesn’t correctly link to the forums.

And is the map of London supposed to pinch zoom or is it static?[/quote]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Please don’t post bug reports on the forums. Use the internal bug reporting function within TestFlight. Thanks![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]I’ll look at the link, thanks.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]RE the map - any general questions like this are best addressed by sending a ticket to testing@failbettergames.com.[/color]

[color=#46f2ca]Please send any bugs, questions or feedback about Fallen London’s iOS game to testing@failbettergames.com. Thank you! We really appreciate you talking to us - it’ll make the final game so much better. :)[/color]
[color=#46f2ca]
[/color]
[color=#46f2ca]EDIT: Whoops! Hannah’s lightning response time pipped me. The shame![/color]
edited by Lottie Bevan on 12/4/2015