Explorer's Beta

[color=#009900]We’ve just sent out a prefatory Kickstarter update - the Explorer’s Beta will be along very soon.[/color][li][color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]In the meantime, anyone with an interest in Sunless Sea should find this interesting…[/color]

http://sunlessseagame.com/progress[/li][color=#009900]
EDIT: ‘with an interest…should find this interesting’. Forgive me, I hadn’t slept in years.[/color][li]
edited by Alexis on 5/1/2014

wibble :-)

I maaaay have been checking the FBG pages and Twitters since before it was realistically likely that anything would have been posted.

So very excited. This is my first time beta testing a game – but I fell madly in love with Fallen London and cannot, cannot wait for Sunless Sea!

Hi all, just registered after receiving the KS email :)

Mega excited to get involved with the Explorer’s beta and start helping out.

If we bought the game during the Kickstarter, are we able to join the Beta or is that for higher-paying donators?

Wonderful! I can’t wait to dig in!
[li]

mejis: Welcome to the forums! We’re glad to have you!

Owen: It’s open to those who pledged £20 or more.

This is amazing. Every time you give us a glimpse on the progress, I realize how much I underestimated what SS would be like.[li]

On the note of &quotthis game will probably contain enough words to fill two novels,&quot is there an approximation of how many words make up Fallen London?
edited by Shadowhand on 4/29/2014

From the Help tab:

[color=#C2B280]When I checked a few weeks ago, Fallen London contained more than twice as many words as War and Peace, but not quite so many as In Search of Lost Time.[/color]
edited by Flyte on 4/29/2014

cackles gleefully

Since the beta’s actually out, why not come stop by the specific Sunless Sea channel? It’s separate from the Fallen London one so they don’t get all tangled and mixed up!

Huzzah! Beta downloaded! First 4 captains starved, drowned, mangled and otherwise deceased… Several zee-beasts run away from, battled and spotted off the forward bow. Looking forward to beta-testing madness!

[color=#009900]The first content patch is now live: it’ll be available when you start a new game.[li][/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

[color=#009900] - starvation cards will stop firing when you reach port; you are largely safe from starvation as long as you remain in port[/color]
[color=#009900]- Cache of Curiosities no longer locks up when you get hell-droppings[/color]
[color=#009900]- Combat messages are less confusing[/color]
[color=#009900]- Various typos fixed[/color]
[color=#009900]- in extremis, Comatose Ferret may be consumed. (How could you?)[/color]

[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900](I’m keeping a list at http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates )[/color]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]The first content patch is now live: it’ll be available when you start a new game.[li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

[color=#009900] - starvation cards will stop firing when you reach port; you are largely safe from starvation as long as you remain in port[/color]
[color=#009900]- Cache of Curiosities no longer locks up when you get hell-droppings[/color]
[color=#009900]- Combat messages are less confusing[/color]
[color=#009900]- Various typos fixed[/color]
[color=#009900]- in extremis, Comatose Ferret may be consumed. (How could you?)[/color]

[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900](I’m keeping a list at http://sunlessseagame.com/sunless-sea-content-updates )[/color][/quote]
[/li][/color]

How do I make the update connect? Continuing just continues. New game just new games. There isn’t an obvious ‘check for updates’ thing.
Also, I can’t log in or out my account anywhere.
:-S
EDIT: Resolved: New game from start screen, not new game from when already in a game.

EATING the ferret? That’s clearly a bug. reports
edited by babelfishwars on 4/30/2014

Reported this, but Alexis asked that I seek advice here: anyone else playing the Mac build? If so, are you able to ‘right-click’ on the officers (or anything else)?

And if so: how? :) I can’t do it - none of command-click, control-click, etc work.

Also - sorry for multiple posts - is anyone else having trouble getting updates from the FBG server? I just keep getting ‘import failed’.[li]
edited by Ewan C. on 4/30/2014

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)][li][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]- in extremis, Comatose Ferret may be consumed. (How could you?) [/color][/quote]
[/li][color=rgb(204, 204, 204)]I see how you are - a few of us squee over the ferret and the response is to make it edible. Actually…that should not have surprised me at all, come to think of it. Well played. [/color]

[/color][li][/li][li]
edited by DarkGryphon on 4/30/2014