Exotica?

When I first stated playing, I got a Counterfeit Head of John the Baptist, and never encountered another Knife and Candle item again. When I lost my Head, I got the card for another one, but not for another item. However, on my alt which I just made, I’ve found a Giggling Mandrake. Is it that you can only have one KnC item at a time? Or am I just very unlucky?

Counterfeit Heads are not just for K&C, they’re also linked with SMEN and Sinister Sprout. However, it’s quite possible that you can’t have both a Nephrite Lens AND a Giggling Mandrake.

yeah, I was wondering about that myself.

You can obtain Counterfeit Heads from a certain plant, but I haven’t read of any way to obtain the others outside of the exotica cards.

I am curious about what happens if you use the head while out to Zee…

[quote=Endy]yeah, I was wondering about that myself.

You can obtain Counterfeit Heads from a certain plant, but I haven’t read of any way to obtain the others outside of the exotica cards.

I am curious about what happens if you use the head while out to Zee…[/quote]

I’ve kissed the head while on an island before, to get to the Tomb-Colonies faster. It rose my Scandal to a whopping 10, but as menaces don’t affect you while at Zee, I was just exiled as soon as I got back.

hm, thought it was automatic, but still good to know :)

Yeah, the automatic move to the tomb-colonies when you use the head was changed, it now only gives you a load of Scandal CP.

ah, that explains it. Quite possibly done for that very reason.

I think I’m going to test out losing my exotica item just to see what happens card-wise.

You can definitely have multiple copies of a particular K&C item (I often did while playing Knife & Candle, way back when), and I believe you can have multiple different types as well–I just don’t remember offhand whether I ever did or not.

You can definitely have multiple copies of a particular K&C item (I often did while playing Knife & Candle, way back when), and I believe you can have multiple different types as well–I just don’t remember offhand whether I ever did or not.[/quote]

Hm, interesting. Maybe it’s changed since K&C was ended?