Exotic Grinding Methods

Are the various mechanics of the game efficient enough to upstage Unfinished Business storylets?

Flash-Lays, Heists, Big Scores, Breeding, Newspapers, Short Stories, Governor Terms, Expeditions, Hunts, Missing Woman… Let’s discuss whether they are worth repeating for their rewards alone.

The gold standard of comparison should be the Unfinished Business storylets, including the actions needed to convert the items to the same ones the various carousels give.

First of all, I must inform you that Unfinished Business is the landmark of what not to use for general grinding, as all of it is only 1-1.2 EPA. Governor Terms are absurdly profitable, but will eat through your Notability if you linger at Zee. Gallery of Serpents has extreme EPA, and the go-to grinding method for the Fated. Also, the Fate-Locked Spirifage makes for a good general grind involving unfinished business, via selling the souls you collect at 1.5 their normal value, along with Connected: Hell and a few secrets.

Good to know. I was mainly talking about items, not just raw Echo values. I just want open conversation about which sources are best for things. Also, I consider anything that requires Fate repeatedly to be the worst possible grind, as it exchanges something irreplaceable for something that is not.[li]

For instance, I’m currently grinding the “Time Passing in the Labyrinth” carousel to get Correspondence Plaques. Is that the best source in everyone else’s opinion? There are many different ways to get there, after all.

Best way to get correspondence plaques if EPA is a concern is AotB. If you just want the plaques, I think the best way is to convert casing into Journals of Infamy and side-converting. Admittedly, that may be old hat by now.

Hmm. At 2.26 Plaques per action, I don’t think that’s the most efficient option. I may be wrong, admittedly.
edited by Saklad5 on 7/29/2016

How are you grinding Plaques through the Labyrinth? Are you grinding for Primordial Shrieks and converting up? Anything requiring more than one upconversion is usually not the fastest way, and I think that holds here.

I am. What do you think is the best source, anecodotally?

Breeding hyaenas for prayers (fungus + pious wrath).

ETA: mass upconverts from tier 2 to tier 3 are one of the few actually profitable upconverts, at 250 ppa
edited by xKiv on 7/29/2016

Breeding hyaenas for prayers (fungus + pious wrath).

ETA: mass upconverts from tier 2 to tier 3 are one of the few actually profitable upconverts, at 250 ppa
edited by xKiv on 7/29/2016[/quote]

Ooh, that certainly looks promising. I’ll start doing that.

There’s also newspaper publishing. It’s a little less efficient than Thefts of a Particular Character, but if you like grinding up story qualities (and if you’re stockpiling Plaques, you probably do), you can build up those newspaper qualities on the way.

Hmm. At 2.26 Plaques per action, I don’t think that’s the most efficient option. I may be wrong, admittedly.
edited by Saklad5 on 7/29/2016[/quote]
I just did the math and with a Gang of Hoodlums and 100% Shadowy challenges it’s 2.45 Plaques per action. Breeding Hyaenas seems to be around 2.65 Plaques per action but it’s better if you have a better source of honey than Unfinished Business, ideally criminal favours.