Exceptional stories exquisite requirements

Greetings, greetings!

First, I want to start with a big thanks to everyone that contributed with info in the past 2 and a half year. Big thanks, delicious Londoners! This thread is about the requirement sheet that I try to maintain and I think a thread will make things easier for me, but also make me prioritize a bit more. The idea about this sheet is to gather in one place all exquisite ES story requirements which unlock different options, but with zero spoilers and no context.

Many of these options aren’t required to progress through the story and they only add extra flavour to it. Sometimes it’s worth it, sometimes it’s not and everyone will judge that aspect. I am thankful to FBG for adding such neat options which aren’t visible until you meet the exact requirements.
This means that there still may be undiscovered ones!

It goes like this:

• bold blue are options which require a confirmation, a quality level or maybe a removal
  • basic requirements are avoided if you can go back and obtain that item/quality.
  • if the requirement requires a certain level of grind, it is added (Discernment’s Brandy requirements)
  • some options are mutually exclusive and are marked by &quotOR&quot (My Kingdom for a Pig: &quotAny OR several OR all Fidgeting Writer item&quot)
  • other options have multiple requirements marked by &quotAND&quot
  • some options have basic item requirements, but I am not sure if those can be obtain during the story. To avoid any issues, those aren’t marked as uncertain (bold blue)

As you can see, there are a some requirements that aren’t that certain, but I am sure there are others that weren’t yet discovered or recorded. Two example of such are The Chimney Pot Wars (July 2016) which has an option regarding The Cheery Man’s Fate (story release released in 2017) and My Kingdom for a Pig (July 2019) which has an option for Oenologonaut (House of Chimes quality) which was reported by only one player.

Starting today I will try and revive this thread on a monthly basis and add the already gathered data (if any).
edited by Skinnyman on 10/4/2021

A Stretch in the Sky (March 2022)
Waiting… :)

Mistress of the Skies (February 2022)
Shades of Yesterday 200
The Attendants 150 (A Night to Remember quality)

Leaving these in case someone has some answers, thanks.
November ES: The Crocodile Who Would Be King

• Connected: Glass OR Connected: Shroud OR
    Connected: Glass AND Connected: Shroud (Reported with Shroud 20 and Glass 6)
    OR Unknown if there’s an option for neither of the connected
  • Nemesis 4500 and The Empty Cup *1
  • Nemesis at most 339 *1
  • Heart’s Desire 230
  • The Attendants 130 (A Night to Remember quality) *2
  • The Attendants at most 3 (only unlocked) *2
  • The Stone Guest 500 (unknown exact level) *3
  • The Stone Guest at most 89 *3
  • Unknown if these are mutually exclusive
    *1 Story: Epilogue: Another Word with Mr Inch
    *2 Options: Because he’s a dear friend/former lover/distant relative/you’ve been casing his house (unknown story title)
    *3 Story: Speaking with the Sequined Illusionist

edited by Skinnyman on 3/10/2022

Well, this is very timely. I have celebrated my big decade birthday today by purchasing 280 fate!

What will I spend it on? Who knows? But Tauroktonos is calling me. A Mithraic Temple!

[quote=Bluestocking]Well, this is very timely. I have celebrated my big decade birthday today by purchasing 280 fate!

What will I spend it on? Who knows? But Tauroktonos is calling me. A Mithraic Temple![/quote]Wow, congratulations!!! :)
I have this ES glossary bookmarked, but there were a lot of public polls made by rahv7 over Reddit; here’s the January '21 edition.
I have a backlog of 50+ stories, but I did play HOJO and it’s one of my favourite ones. As you can see, after all these years, it’s #3 in the poll after stories which are widely considered the best.

Thank you!

I’m continuing to suffer indecision. It’s a terrible plague. Not only which stories to buy, but which chocolates to eat, and which yarn to buy with my voucher. I am a mad knitter - if you are not acquainted with any of those, just think of your own favourite hobby and how premium tools and materials can get tempting and expensive. My partner owns 5 bicycles and enough brewing kit to stock a miniature pub, for example.

BTW, you might like to edit your sheet with a bit more explanation now you’ve so kindly made it public. Some of the “requirements”, as I know from recent stories, only open extra options. You can sill play the story without them.

[quote=Bluestocking]… just think of your own favourite hobby and how premium tools and materials can get tempting and expensive
…[/quote]As with many/all hobbies. Taking it to the professional level and adding premium materials/tool/everything does make one feel great! I love when I see people that progress through their hobbies like Neathizens do with their ambitions!

[quote=Bluestocking]

BTW, you might like to edit your sheet with a bit more explanation now you’ve so kindly made it public. Some of the &quotrequirements&quot, as I know from recent stories, only open extra options. You can sill play the story without them.[/quote]The sheet is open to the public for more than two years and in all that time this never struck me!

Ah, perhaps I am still too new to understand what most people take for granted. I feel at times like a kindergartener in the high school when I read these forums.

[quote=Bluestocking]Ah, perhaps I am still too new to understand what most people take for granted. I feel at times like a kindergartener in the high school when I read these forums.[/quote]Hehe, enjoy that feeling because in FL that had a different and intriguing taste! You are actually a newcommer into the Neath and everything is different, curious and out of place.
With time, all these will change and you will love it!

Let’s see what November’s story has hidden behind interesting requirements?

Thanks to the feedback received, I have updated November’s. There are some unknown elements, but that’s the fun!

December bump! I’m quite too busy on the Surface thanks to some events so I may be slow with the updates.

Guess who only has time for a bump or two? As a note, the updates that must end up in the sheet are in the second post. :) And a few other notes received in private. Thank you all!

Up for January’s and up for a great new year to everybody!

Anybody mentioned Cosmogone Spectacles yet?

[quote=Jermaine Vendredi]Anybody mentioned Cosmogone Spectacles yet?[/quote]For Adornment?

Yes. There’s an option right at the beginning that requires them. Oh, and a slightly later one that requires a Tigress.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 1/17/2022

January also has a requirement for a fairly tame sorrow-spider.

Update with the last ES, a small bump from February and hoping that someone has more info about the missing data.
edited by Skinnyman on 1/28/2022

The February ES has an option unlocked if you’ve played Shades of Yesterday (requires &quotShades of Yesterday&quot 200), and another for having played The Attendants (requires &quotA Night to Remember&quot 150).
edited by PSGarak on 1/29/2022

This is everything from Adornment which I’ve tracked after just playing it:

• Cosmogene Spectacles OR University Laboratory
  • Red-Feathered Pin OR Bottle of Morelways 1872 OR A Name Whispered in Darkness 3 OR a Bengal Tigress
  • Either having any kind of diamond OR having no diamonds
  • Ostentatious Diamond
  • 1 Favours: Constables
  • Not having Ambition: Light Fingers!
  • Not having Ambition: Nemesis! (4 at most)
    edited by Ferel on 2/18/2022

Updated, thanks for the confirmations and a late March bump. :)