ETA on first patch?

Although lots of content is missing, its an issue we’ve not been able to take much concern over. Everyone is preoccupied with more pressing, but also more easy to fix concerns.
Vanishing ports, looting not working, chorister bees, 5:4 resolution being silly, and gold balance

It’d be nice to see a patch released soon focusing on the main issues, just to make the existing content more playable and easy to see. Lets worry about getting to albion later. I’m looking forward to updating my steam review.
Any idea when we can expect the first patch to be released?

They said that for the first few weeks, they’ll be looking at player feedback to determine the schedule for the rest, so it’s just a matter of waiting. It’ll be in a few weeks, probably, but I don’t know what “a few” is.

that’s not likely to be the case, surely. You don’t need to gather weeks of player feedback in order to fix critical bugs. The inability to loot things, and the disappearing settlements, pops up here, and on the steam discussions. I’ve seen the devs there spending time apologising for the issues, so these are clearly costing money. I’d expect them - at least - to be fixed by next weekend. Hotfixes shortly after a major release are a common thing

This is the very beginning of early access, not a full release. Major bugs are expected. It takes time for stuff to go through QA and all that, and I highly doubt it’s costing them much money at this point. Most people probably either got it from backing the Kickstarter or will buy it when it’s finished, rather than essentially acting as beta testers during the EA stage.

[color=#6666ff]Hola, [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Well Nanako, I know that you know that a patch went out this Wednesday as I’ve seen you playing the game, beavering away and helping us with bug reports ;)[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]As much as we’d love to give firm dates for updates during early access, the nature of our development means we can’t commit to exact dates. That said we are looking at changing a couple of processes that will allow us to push out critical bug fixes faster than what we currently do.[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Bugs are always a really interesting balance during development. We of course want to get fixes out for those nasty, game breaking type bugs ASAP. However as I’m sure you’ll have seen from the patch notes, we’ve delayed the disappearing ports bug (as bad as it is) because we really want to refine the massive areas of the game and code that it ties into. This makes us cry inside, but it’s a sensible decision on our part given our current development focus.[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]Then there are those bugs which are technically classed as ‘minor’ issues, such as the chart audio issue, which we’ll want to fix sooner rather than later given the huge headache it’s giving everyone. [/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]And of course all of that has to be balanced with the ongoing development work. There’s many new features to go in, and Benthic is right. We are having a big focus on feedback which we want to drive the areas we look at next.[/color]
[color=#6666ff]
[/color]
[color=#6666ff]It’s a long way until launch date, so there’s going to be a lot of changes. I’m hoping that you’ll continue to stay with us and keep editing that review. I honestly think it’ll take a good long while before you change it from a negative to a positive, but I hope we get there and have a great journey together in the process. [/color]
edited by FailbetterFuzz on 9/18/2017