Enjoying the bohemian atmosphere of Veilgarden!

I just got an invite for “a night of possible depravity in Veilgarden”… it raised my Scandal and said “Enjoying the bohemian atmosphere of Veilgarden hasn’t changed because it’s lower than 2”.
It’s zero, actually. I’ve never heard of that quality before, neither do I know how and where to send these kind of invitations. Is this new content, or something I somehow overlooked until now?

That seems new to me too. I just replayed all the “Becoming Known in the Singing Mandrake” storylets, and they did not grant the quality either, even on the Rare Success for the risqué joke. Curious.

Does “Becoming Known in the Singing Mandrake” actually give you anything other than a few pennies? It did baffle me that this new content did not have any new cool reward, but I haven’t seen any yet, have I just been unlucky so far?

A rare success on the risqué joke gives you a time-delayed event similar to the Moloch Street graffiti. Although now I’m wondering if the results from that event could be the source of this quality.

By the way: does anybody know if the risqué joke is the only action that can trigger the special event on a Rare success?

One of the mid-90s of Shadowy in the Flit gets you started on the War of Illusions on a rare success

[quote=Wieland Burandt]I just got an invite for “a night of possible depravity in Veilgarden”… it raised my Scandal and said “Enjoying the bohemian atmosphere of Veilgarden hasn’t changed because it’s lower than 2”.
It’s zero, actually. I’ve never heard of that quality before, neither do I know how and where to send these kind of invitations. Is this new content, or something I somehow overlooked until now?[/quote]
You know these low-level invites option that “start your friend on a lucrative short story”? This one’s the persuasive one - basically you invite somebody, and they get a story quality at 1, and then the last step in these stories involves inviting another friend to finish it (doesn’t need to be the one who invited them to the game).

They recently made it available for higher-level players by grouping it into the new Veilgarden storylets so the higher-level players can use the invites too.

Of these “newbies invites option”, the watchful one (Mudlarking for wine) is probably the most helpful for your friend, as the one who get invited can get Connected : Master of Bazaars at 1. No benefits for the one who sent the invites, though.
edited by Byron Man on 3/8/2012

Currently no command; we usually write something like SPOILER*/SPOILER*, and write the spoiler in between, coloring it white afterwards.

A year later almost to the day, and I find I’m having troubles with this. I invited a friend, and once he was out of prison, we both got the quality. We both raised it to 2 by the initial storylets, and then the “invite a friend” storylet opened up. I invited him, and on his acceptance, his quality was raised to 3. Mine was at 2 before, and upon accepting, I was presented with “Your ‘Enjoying the bohemian atmosphere of Veilgarden’ Quality is now 2”, even though it already was at 2. Since his rose to 3 however, he could no longer invite me so mine could be raised. Working as intended?

Currently no command; we usually write something like SPOILER*/SPOILER*, and write the spoiler in between, coloring it white afterwards.[/quote]
Black/Grey, that is.