Enigma ending speculation

We aren’t allowed to post hints. But I saw the toolkit post. So, we can speculate about the ending… I believe it ends in the Royal Beth. Permanently. You loose your mind after breaking the fourth wall. It would be the new SMEN that way…[li]

I personally don’t think Enigma is shackled by the concepts of beginnings and endings. It simply is.

I am fairly certain it’s just mostly Alexis writing it, not unlike a developer/director’s commentary. Enigma certainly taught me to look in all the wrong places and made all the BESTEST DISCOVERIES. Pretend it’s deliberate, indeed!

I’m glad that they’re doing stuff with that - but even with the hints I’ve seen listed about the place I’m probably never going to attain Ambition:Enigma 1, short of combing through every possible action in the game. :-)

Howdy! First post here. I usually just lurk around, but now I’m kinda stuck trying to get Enigma 1…so I would kindly ask if any other fellow denizen of the Neath could PM me with some help. I read in a lot of posts that the solution to the hints appears really simple once you’ve solved it, so I suppose I’m overthinking it.
Btw, I just searched for the first still opened post on Enigma, please forgive me I went off-topic (I didn’t want to open a new one to shame myself on how clueless I am right now…)
Btw2 on the new SMEN content, the &quotAn Intimation&quot choice is unlocked with Enigma 7…is this actually attainable, or as I used to recall you cannot progress above 3?
Thanks to anyone so kind to answer me. Bye

Darcia, contact me (see the signature) and tell me what you’ve tried so far.

No-one’s found Enigma 7 that I know of.

I think they’ve always said, somewhere, though perhaps not where many people would see it, when there was a new engima step.

2 is still the highest that’s been found, isn’t it? This talk about 7 being unfound makes me feel like I’ve missed four new steps. :P

Consider this: Enigma is meta. It is not necessarily bound by the laws of stories and qualities, of which not even SMEN can escape from.
[color=000000]

[color=#000000](Just go the Weather Factory[color=000000] [color=000000]and hear him talk, it is practically the same thing aside from not having shinie[color=000000]s for you to put on mantelpiece[/color][/color][/color])[/color][/color]

Nadir shows us that the opposite is also true. Not even meta content can postpone the reckoning indefinitely.
Don’t ask me how I know this, I am a dirty, dirty story stalker.
edited by Raiseth Ascendant on 7/26/2016

SMEN isn’t Fate locked, I’m updating the wiki as I go except not the bit that FBG has gently requested be kept private, so things like &quotyou can give up A:Enigma in the Nadir&quot or the # of proscribed materials for God’s Editors aren’t secrets–I have torn my hair out over updating the wiki, by all means consult it!
edited by an_ocelot on 7/27/2016

I just wonder… is there a possibility where the choice of &quotan intimation&quot itself is a new hint? It is unlocked with &quotThe Airs of London (equal to your current Airs)&quot, which seems weird to me…

EDIT: Someone has mentioned that but I didn’t pay attention. And it seems that there IS something new about the Engima; I find some meta things on someone’s journal…
edited by Fadewalker on 7/27/2016

EDIT: In order not to misguide anyone: I haven’t find the &quotupdate&quot, I’m not sure whether it exists. But something mentioned by Estelle Knoht, something in weather factory, looks weird. It reminds me of the map, the egg and the splotch, not sure if it is an illusion.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NiteBrite?fromEchoId=8799507 Is it a new special meta content or just an ordinary event to be expected in the new seeking road?

[quote=Fadewalker]EDIT: In order not to misguide anyone: I haven’t find the &quotupdate&quot, I’m not sure whether it exists. But something mentioned by Estelle Knoht, something in weather factory, looks weird. It reminds me of the map, the egg and the splotch, not sure if it is an illusion.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NiteBrite?fromEchoId=8799507 Is it a new special meta content or just an ordinary event to be expected in the new seeking road?[/quote]
It happens during Seeking if you have a Rat of Glory.

[quote=Passionario]
It happens during Seeking if you have a Rat of Glory.[/quote]

Oh, sorry, I saw it can happen in all places so I thought it was not triggered in usual way. So it shouldn’t be the new enigma meta content… http://weatherfactory.biz/about/ So the anonymous fan here should be a real anonymous fan, and it is not a hint like before…? Sorry to be hypersensitive to all enigma-like talks.:(

EDIT: Just to rule out one possibility: for this fan review I find three (possible) sources it may adapt from. (first second third) Real anonymous fan, unlikely to be hints, I suppose.

[quote=Fadewalker]I just wonder… is there a possibility where the choice of &quotan intimation&quot itself is a new hint? It is unlocked with &quotThe Airs of London (equal to your current Airs)&quot, which seems weird to me…[/quote]I always said it! But they called me mad!
Probably because I’m just overthinking this. If it’s a clue, I can’t understand it. Though Alexis once said something about a way to easen Seeking that nobody discovered…

oh hello referrer link from this thread.

I can confirm that this is a real quote from an anonymous (actually, pseudonymous) fan. It’s not an Enigma clue, and nothing that comes from me is an Enigma clue. Including this: Cultist Simulator – Weather Factory

Ah…Thank you tiger and I’m glad/sad to have it confirmed that it hasn’t been updated. Ambition: Enigma/Overthinking is all the time so addictive. (Or maybe it is updated but THIS is not a clue…)
edited by Fadewalker on 7/30/2016

Well, since Alexis is no longer working for FB it would be pretty weird if he was still giving out hints for game content… ;)

[quote=Passionario][quote=Fadewalker]EDIT: In order not to misguide anyone: I haven’t find the &quotupdate&quot, I’m not sure whether it exists. But something mentioned by Estelle Knoht, something in weather factory, looks weird. It reminds me of the map, the egg and the splotch, not sure if it is an illusion.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/NiteBrite?fromEchoId=8799507 Is it a new special meta content or just an ordinary event to be expected in the new seeking road?[/quote]
It happens during Seeking if you have a Rat of Glory.[/quote]At one point it did, anyway; I was lent a Rat of Glory and it did not trigger for me with the acquisition of St Arthur’s Candle, so I’m not sure it does any more.

If you already had the quality from sending Alexis Kennedy some rats then the event won’t trigger. I let someone borrow a Rat of Glory just last night and it was still around.