Empress' Court Romance/Help with Fascinating

In my quest for a Memento of Passion, I have become quite irritated about how the Barbed Wit/Acclaimed Beauty storylets work. As far as I can tell, each success resets Fascinating entirely, and currently it takes 35 actions to get my Fascinating up enough to guarantee success. I’m aiming to get both the Wit and the Beauty, and I’m really hoping that there’s a way to make this go faster. Is there a way to get more than 3 CP for Fascinating at a time?

I don’t believe so. To be fair, the option you are going for gives 1 Fate. You can sell the Memento of Passion afterwards, so it’s for the best that it takes a lot of effort.

Eh, the Cheesemonger storyline gave me Fate, and there wasn’t that much grinding if I remember correctly. Besides, I’m just looking for any place to get Fascinating; I doubt 3 CP per action is the highest it goes. The only other place I know of is the Carnival, but that’s just 3 CP of Fascinating as well.

You can only do the Cheesemonger storyline once. This you could repeat as often as you like if I’m not mistaken. 3 CP per action might be the best you can get in London.

Man, they really lay down the “pay Fate or grind” in becoming a PoSI, don’t they?

Man, they really lay down the “pay Fate or grind” in becoming a PoSI, don’t they?[/quote]
Finishing up the Court storyline is one path to becoming a POSI, but it’s hardly the only one.

The Dangerous option doesn’t really require an inordinate amount of grinding (gaining the necessary qualities requires getting up to ‘Running Battle’ 13+ and 'The Hunt is On" 15+), and if you’ve already completed the Cheesemonger storyline, the Shadowy option is even easier (gaining the necessary qualities requires getting ‘Casing’ up to 13+ and completing the Cheesemonger storyline).

[quote=Tesuji]Finishing up the Court storyline is one path to becoming a POSI, but it’s hardly the only one.

The Dangerous option doesn’t really require an inordinate amount of grinding (gaining the necessary qualities requires getting up to ‘Running Battle’ 13+ and 'The Hunt is On" 15+), and if you’ve already completed the Cheesemonger storyline, the Shadowy option is even easier (gaining the necessary qualities requires getting ‘Casing’ up to 13+ and completing the Cheesemonger storyline).[/quote]
I can see that, but my current stats are W85+10, S43-2, D28-2, and P114+23. I could bump my Watchful up to 104 using some clothes, but I’m not too far along at the University, and the Court option just sounds a lot better. And really, I’m just bringing the grinding on myself. Going after just the Wit or Beauty would cut the grinding at least by half, but I accidentally spoiled what happens when you chase both of them and now I can’t stop.

I don’t think getting banished from the Court will take that long, though, and I already have a good amount of Inspired left over from an earlier questicle. Still, though, does anybody know of a storylet that gives more then 3 CP of Fascinating?

You really need 100+ on Watchful, Dangerous, Shadowy and Persuasive to become a POSI. I know you can pay Fate to pass certain steps but the options that open at POSI really need high stats all around.

I know, I just like min-maxing.