Eminently New, Dangerously Ignorant

Hello hello.
I would warn you to expect a lot of these posts from me, but I don’t yet know enough to say even that with confidence. At any rate, here’s my first query of what will quite probably be many:

I found a message in my Fallen London estate (shack) containing what the letter claimed to be an activation code. I am generally familiar with activation codes, but only ever activated them by accessing a link…this one’s just a chain of letters and numbers. Given what little I know of activation codes, it sounds like they expire after some time, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to enter this one.
How do I turn my code into a fresh sack of swag before it becomes as useless as the very ink with which it has been written?

Thank you in advance for tolerating my blistering stupidity.

Happy mudlarking to you all.

• B

I don’t recall ever encountering any ingame messages giving out access codes, and I don’t think any of them would expire like the seasonal ones would. There are invites you can send to non-players to give them a little something extra when they start, however. Is it one of those? In any case if it is an access code you can put it into this format to get the reward: fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/ENTERTEXT

On the note of access codes, here’s a tumblr post of some.

That did the trick, Sara, thank you. As it happens, the code they mailed me was just the hard-text version of that which was sent with one of my friend invites.
I think.
Unless I’m completely missing something.

I’m glad I could assist! I’m not very familiar with how the friend invites work, but as long as everything worked out nicely that is great.

[quote=Sara Hysaro]I don’t recall ever encountering any ingame messages giving out access codes, and I don’t think any of them would expire like the seasonal ones would. There are invites you can send to non-players to give them a little something extra when they start, however. Is it one of those? In any case if it is an access code you can put it into this format to get the reward: fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/ENTERTEXT

On the note of access codes, here’s a tumblr post of some.[/quote]

Just tried one of those codes, and…I may be pretty paranoid but they don’t really look too legit :/.

EDIT: well, I did actually get the items and there was a message about it too after I logged in normally, it still looks strange XD.
edited by The Master on 11/13/2015

They are legitimate. FL do give out access codes occasionally and some of them are not time limited or restricted to a certain number. Of course there is no guarantee that they will all still work.

… I will say though, that these all did :)

Soooo much coffee - thank you for the link Sara :)