Election 1897: Madame Shoshana

[quote=Seon]Well isn’t Madame Shoshana connected with the constabulary? They say that trying to expose her as a fraud to the police gets the higher ups to immediately silence the matter.

Or maybe she has dirt on all of them. I dunnow.[/quote]
The court system itself is technically Society (the Judge for instance), and she has lots of Society customers who genuinely like her and/or don’t want to be dragged through the mud by association (in game terms she’d have a lot of Favors in High Places and Blackmail Material). So she’s pretty much untouchable. And, in all fairness, is anything she does really worth the constabulary’s time?
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/22/2019

-:- Drazzle Psmyth votes Shoshana - For Hope, Destiny, and FreeWill !! -:-

This Paramount Bishop is declaring his support for Madame Shoshana. She seems genuinely kind, and her heart is in the right place. I’m not sure if she’ll win, but the Bishop will be happy with himself if he votes her. With her, maybe, just maybe, the Fifth can hope to halt what comes.

Sinning Jenny visits Soshana often as it seems (or so my Fate option on Soshana suggests, among other things).
Well, not that I needed any more convincing, but If I did, that would be it.

SPOILERS: Here’s the Madame Shoshana 12-Fate option.

Besides wiping Scandal, it gave 1x Blackmail Material, 5x Reputation and ~25 CP MW.

Anyone care to guess on the meaning of the readings? I’m afraid those tarot cards are impregnable to me…
edited by phryne on 7/23/2019

I understand that she is going to guide people into Parabola, which chimes with her agenda. The Shepherd is self-evident, while the Rose and the Reflection in the Mirror suggest, of course, Parabola itself.
edited by Jolanda Swan on 7/23/2019

So, I got the distinct impression that she (and Schlomo) likely plan to &quotsave&quot London by leading us in the footsteps of the Rosers and/or into the lacre (my memory is a little fuzzy on the lore there atm sorry).
Am I completely off the mark?[li]
edited by string on 7/27/2019

It could very well be! An exodus through Parabola, just in time.

Y. &quotDrazzle&quot F. Psmyth - campaigner for Shoshana -

… i’m fond of raising my Fascination, with mesmeric meditations via Mme Shoshana’s &quotRomantic Predictions&quot, which are done mostly with her Tarot [& Crystal Ball, for rare successes] …

And was 'saying’ to her (as Captioned, in my Journal), during such a session, lately - that this service could be a big part of her Plan for Love - and, that she might have a Way to Teach others to achieve such Uplift themselves, that she not slave to share her gifts in one narrow medium …

And, presto - It turns out, she is gifting the city with Tarot subtlety - Perhaps future Lessons will provide such Uses as she offers, for the Tarot / Gloves, yet.

• Meanwhile - a Justification, for the Tarot-gloves deck being Shadowy, and Dreaded ::

- As the Jolly Contrarian &quotsaid&quot to me, (met as i got my deck - and then drew my first tarot card reading for him) : [See the Election Items Thread]
:He scowls and smiles at the same time. Hmmm. Poppycock, but hmmm, indeed!&quot -
&quotWell, Madame seems to have her fans shadowily treading the subconscious by art. &quot&quot

• Madame Shoshana’s words are truly heartfelt and revelatory ::

&quot&quot It’s about foresight. And love. Love will stave off the end. Of that, I am certain. I just don’t know whose love, for whom. Or what. Still, I mean to work with concerned citizens to promote love, unity and guide people together. I am thinking of a title I saw in a dream. ‘Madame Shoshana’s Lost Hearts’. &quot&quot
edited by Doctor_Static on 7/27/2019

((copied from the Virginia Thread & Convince Me Thread :smile)

AS to ::
Madame Shoshana, babbling about Love being the key without giving any further details as to how she will increase Love in Fallen London

i’ve posted to these threads about my “collaborating” with mme Shoshana - esp. – via her “Romantic Predictions” - which serve to raise my Fascination quality - to as much as 20, before … This quality represents one’s attraction to an interested partner for passion … She uses her Tarot for these mesmericly justified ‘Romantic Predictions’ - except for ‘Rare Successes’, which appear in her crystal ball . . . NOW, she has gifted the city with pervasive subtlety of Tarot-deck-gloves . . . Future Lessons / Cards MAY teach the public this tantric trick, yet.

So, basicly, madame can guarantee one will succeed at matters of Amour - and may be about to share how, with all of London!

(am ubderslept - pardon sloppy style, pls)
Also - please see my use of the tarot - as linked to my journal notes - in the Threads for Election items, and for Shoshana debate - and in the one on all candidates before it . . . In which i throw my first tarot reading for the ccurrent mayor & have him say a justification for the cards enhancing qualities - as well as the “Shepardess” interpretation … ((too tired, ack seizing, or i’d link it here, sorry …Ouch…))

Drazzle Psmyth for the Shy Sphynx

Here’s my attempt to decode Madam Shoshana’s tarot fortunes.

[spoiler] Sinning Jenny is drawn the Rose, the Lady and the Ship.

The Rose and Lady are Zodiac signs, so lets start with them.

The Rose can be received in two ways, by being an artist or a cold blooded killer.

Jenny is both intuitive and empathetic. She’a also a performer and a Vake hunter. So this seems to fit her.

The Lady in contrast can be awarded to hedonists and adventurous sorts.

So the Lady is someone who is both impulsive and charismatic. This does not fit with Jenny, who for all her salaciousness is incredibly controlled, so it would seem to match a second person. And while the Vake might be impulsive, is it charming? Now Mr. Wines on the other hand, can be impulsive and is certainly charming (he regularly holds parties after all).

The Ship is not a Zodiac sign, but ships are synonymous with travel and the Unterzee is associated with danger, so this card has something of a risky journey about it. Now, as Jenny was asking about the past, her question might involve unfinished business with the Sisterhood, whose citadel happens to reside across the Zee, and who sent Jenny on a quest to mission to London.

Perhaps Jenny has to get something from Wines?

The Empress’s fortune is a little easier, as all her cards, the Spider, the Lantern, and the Cat, are in the Zodiac.

The Spider is dealt to artists and animal lovers.

So, very intellectual but also emotional. Unhelpful. Though the Empress’s devotion to her husband, more an idea at this point than an actual living person, and her emotional sale of London to get him back might fit here.

The Lantern is given to hedonists and philanthropists.

Of all the people the Empress might ask about, this sounds a lot like the Regretful Sculptress. She is the only one of the imperial family that one can describe as creative with a passion for their craft (and the only one who’d be described as having a craft, for that matter). Alternatively, this card could present a challenge or problem that needs an extremely creative solution.

The Cat is given to philanthropists and adventurers.

So, someone artistic and devoted to higher ideals.

And Shoshana suggests Mrs. Plenty for something! Though she hedges like crazy.

Mrs. Plenty is arguably artistic and, um, idealistic, for a certain definition of idealism…

So, one reading, the Empress has a problem with her daughter and needs someone who can help resolve it. It might just be they need a buyer for some statues, but it’s probably something a little bit deeper than that. Alternatively, the Empress has a problem that requires a creative solution by an artistic and idealistic (gulp) personage.

Shoshana’s signs are the Shepherd, the Rose, and the Mirror’s Edge. The last, again, is not a Zodiac card, though it doesn’t seem particularly difficult to interpret. We’ve already gone over Rose with Sinning Jenny, so that just leaves Shepherd.

Criminal masterminds and gamblers get this one!

Logical and articulate. I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest this represents how Shoshana views herself :P

Rose, intuition and empathy, this could easily represent love. The Mirror’s Edge obviously represents the Mirror Marches/Parabola. Shoshana in search of the answer contained in love will have to dive into Parabola.

[/spoiler]

As someone who didn’t vote for Madame Shoshana mainly because of risks related to Arbor (along with the plan to get the Ministry involved), Shoshana’s warning to &quotBe careful in Arbor, my dear&quot suddenly has me very interested.[li]

Did all her supporters get that or only those who were involved in the Arbor storyline?

I got it on an alt only a little over a month old and it looks like it’s the same as yours (Fallen London). And I mean, I responded decidedly out of character because Arbor creeps me out, but I think it makes sense? Presumably for someone who wasn’t around at Hallowmas or didn’t get involved it would be appropriately mysterious and intriguing and/or spooky parting words from Madame Shoshana?[li]