EBZWrites!

The EBZ world is so lush and well-written that it has, obviously, inspired a number of other people to write in response to it. That is why, after all, we play characters.

A group of us have recently started a EBZ-themed drabble-writing prompt using pieces of the game as inspiration. We base the prompts in our EBZ Livejournal Community, with the handy title and tags of EBZWrites (in case you don’t want to read logs or scenes). We’ve started with nightmares, but it will expand to other themes of the game. We are having a lot of fun with it and thought others might too! Come check it out and add your own!

The Tagged Posts : http://fallen-london.livejournal.com/tag/%23ebzwrites
The Community as a whole: http://fallen-london.livejournal.com/

edited by OScarletO on 3/3/2012

I, for one, can toss my quality marker on this - it’s a wonderful community, and the EBZwrites is a really wonderful way to stretch your writing muscles and know that people will read what you write.

Hey, there are actually more threads than I first realized O_o

Oh my, fanfiction? How exciting!

I believe a long time ago, on the TV Tropes page, someone mentioned that EBZ has a large potential for cross-over fanfiction – what would a character from your favourite book/TV series/etc. do if they were dropped into the Neath?

[quote=Little The]Oh my, fanfiction? How exciting!

I believe a long time ago, on the TV Tropes page, someone mentioned that EBZ has a large potential for cross-over fanfiction – what would a character from your favourite book/TV series/etc. do if they were dropped into the Neath?[/quote]

I’ve actually thought about this as well…there are so many possibilities, because EBZ is essentially an environment where you could drop almost any character in. It allows for so much flexibility in personality, preferences, etc…

Anyway, it looks like I’ll be doing a bit more writing now! :)

[quote=Little The]Oh my, fanfiction? How exciting!

I believe a long time ago, on the TV Tropes page, someone mentioned that EBZ has a large potential for cross-over fanfiction – what would a character from your favourite book/TV series/etc. do if they were dropped into the Neath?[/quote]

Oh jeeze, I just had a thought about the main cast of My Little Pony winding up in the Neath. Pinkie Pie would probably be a hit around Veilgarden, Rarity would probably smooze her way to the shuttered palace and never leave (Until the eventual exile), Rainbow Dash would probably make Watchmaker’s Hill her bitch, and Twilight will probably need a permanent room at the Royal Bethlehem once she catches wind of the Correspondence and Mr. Eaten.

…I think I have some fanfiction to write.

[quote=Urthdigger]Oh jeeze, I just had a thought about the main cast of My Little Pony winding up in the Neath. Pinkie Pie would probably be a hit around Veilgarden, Rarity would probably smooze her way to the shuttered palace and never leave (Until the eventual exile), Rainbow Dash would probably make Watchmaker’s Hill her bitch, and Twilight will probably need a permanent room at the Royal Bethlehem once she catches wind of the Correspondence and Mr. Eaten.

…I think I have some fanfiction to write.[/quote]
“Dear Princess Celestia,
Today I learned about the spaces between the stars and the voices that echo between them and NEVER STOP OH GOD WHEN WILL THEY STOP WHISPERING THEIR HORRIBLE SECRETS TO…”

The rest of the letter is incomprehesible scratches and scorch marks. It’s signed with the correspondence sigil for “student losing faith in their master’s teachings”.

(Full disclosure: I’ve only ever watched the original series, but it’s impossible to avoid learning elements of the new show’s formula.)

You’ve begun work on a most mind-numbing crossover fic. Fetch the laudunum, it will be a long night
[You’ll need to build up an Inspired… quality to at least 34 to complete this.]

(On a related note, I already sorta have something like this: A MLP fic I wrote a few weeks back that was inspired by “What the Thunder Said”, and Stormy Eyed in particular. The sequel I’m working on has so far referenced “Fire Sermon” and “Death by Water”)
edited by Urthdigger on 3/4/2012