Dress tax?

I went shopping for some fancy clothes:

80 pence!! Blatant sexism;)

And the best shadowy suit doesn’t even have a ladies equivalent. Not that anyone wants a dress made from rats*, especially when there’s the irrigo-infused option with only one point less (and a nicer colour!), but it got me thinking we need more & better clothing options.

Aside from the distant target of buying a goat or two, there’s not much to do with spare money past the 1000 echo mark, and I do so miss having things to save up for in the bazaar.

*someone will obviously want a dress made from rats…

Mr. Veils attempted a line but they proved far too scandalous.

[quote=yetanotherone]I went shopping for some fancy clothes:

80 pence!! Blatant sexism;)

And the best shadowy suit doesn’t even have a ladies equivalent. Not that anyone wants a dress made from rats*, especially when there’s the irrigo-infused option with only one point less (and a nicer colour!), but it got me thinking we need more & better clothing options.

Aside from the distant target of buying a goat or two, there’s not much to do with spare money past the 1000 echo mark, and I do so miss having things to save up for in the bazaar.

*someone will obviously want a dress made from rats…[/quote]

Suits are often treated as unisex garments; dresses are… Well, not so much.

Note: you don’t have to worry about Victorian-style sexism; the Fall has made London marvelously progressive. Regarding discrimination by gender or ethnicity, anyway.

[quote=Snowskeeper]
Suits are often treated as unisex garments; dresses are… Well, not so much.

Note: you don’t have to worry about Victorian-style sexism; the Fall has made London marvelously progressive. Regarding discrimination by gender or ethnicity, anyway.[/quote]

Mm, unless one considers &quotRubbery Man&quot an ethnicity :P (Race? Species? Who knows?)

I’m nowhere near rich enough to be buying dresses made of rats (although I do hope one of those might be available by the time I’ve gotten there-- if only to get back at them for making a battlefield casualty of my Murgatroyd’s Fungal Crackers), but I always sort of picture my Bloodstained Suit as one of those 80’s women’s suits with the giant shoulderpads, for that intimidating, Dangerous look.

Still, dresses aren’t so very not-unisex as one might think. Boys would still be wearing them up to the age of 5 or so in this era, right? And given how big a player the Church seems to be in Fallen London, and the existence of all sorts of occult forces and scandalous sacrifice, one can assume there are plenty of men going about in big flowing robes, anyways. I imagine it’s not an uncommon occurrence for men to have to make the &quotit’s not a doll; it’s an action figure&quot argument: it’s not a dress, it’s a robe!