Doorman of the Temple Club?

[quote=Kadir]My code worked, but I got this message:
Your ‘Membership of the Temple Club’ Quality is now In good standing!
which doesn’t actually let me get in via the forgotten quarter. Is there an intermediate step, or should I send a bug report?
edited by Kadir on 10/30/2012[/quote]

If you have the quality, but can’t see a way in at the Forgotten Quarter, then something’s gone wrong. Send us a bug report to support@storynexus.com and we’ll sort it out.

Oh wow, I guess I have not been to the Forgotten Quaters in ages. Just noticed the Club there.

Would some kind soul be willing to send me an invitation? What items do you need inside?

p.s. There is no thread about this in the the Singing Mandrake. I wonder if should create one…

I’m not sure what good a thread would do. Generally one sending invitations, the person doing the inviting either needs to have a certain need they need fulfilled, which can be done by sending the invitation (The most common case, as in newspapers, second chances, and most menaces), or, in the case of the other kind of invites where the invitee is the one to get a favor, they need some way to know the person being invited requires that at this time.

While nice, the Temple Club is not someplace that’s always useful to visit. The only cheap option there has 4 random results for 50 jade. There other options available are to spend 10 echoes in a base item to exchange for the 50 pence item on that branch for Nostalgia, Wild Words, or Influence, or you can spend 3 echoes of goods for Tomb Colonies (Rostygold), Revolutionary (Foxfire Candle Stubs), or Orient connections (Moon Pearls), with connections only going up to 30, and being quite expensive for how much CP is given as I recall. You can also trade a whopping 2500 romantic notions (250 echoes worth) for masters connections… but again, I am not sure how much.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. The problem is that, due to the cost involved with most options, I don’t see it as someone would be willing to put themselves up as “open for any and all invitations”. This is more the kind of thing you ask specifically for, once at a time. In this case, a forum post is not exactly the best place to put it. Though, I suppose you MAY be able to make a thread where people who have access can offer it.
edited by Urthdigger on 1/30/2013

Thank you for a very detailed answer.

So it’s efficient conversion for three lines of items. And Connection: Masters at a premium discount, but with an unknown cap. My Masters is pretty low, I think I’d like to test that option, once I have some time to grind romantic notions.
No story at all? Is the flavor for those conversions interesting?

Is it expensive to send an invite? I am trying to think of a way to pay the inviter back, so it does not turn into complete charity. But Fate seems to be the only reliable option and with no way to send less then 11…

The text was somewhat interesting as I recall. I’m not sure if the masters connections are at a discount, since I’m not sure how it compares. if it just gives 1 CP, then I think using the Special Books option for Mr. Pages might work better (That gives multiple CP).

As for sending an invite, doing so is free I believe, although adding you is proving to be impossible. You seem to be one of those unfortunate souls with their Storynexus name well hidden.

[quote=Fhoenix]Thank you for a very detailed answer.

So it’s efficient conversion for three lines of items. And Connection: Masters at a premium discount, but with an unknown cap. My Masters is pretty low, I think I’d like to test that option, once I have some time to grind romantic notions.
No story at all? Is the flavor for those conversions interesting?

Is it expensive to send an invite? I am trying to think of a way to pay the inviter back, so it does not turn into complete charity. But Fate seems to be the only reliable option and with no way to send less then 11…[/quote]

You can always use the “Square of Lofty Words” card to send your inviter jewels. Those are relatively easy to get from pickpocketing, and using the option to send them doesn’t cost Fate or Nex.

It’s been a while since I’ve done it, but I believe inviting a friend to the Temple Club only costs an action.

I am a backer myself, $5 only I am sorry to say, but I wonder how and when we will receive the invitation for it.[/quote]

I think you needed to back Silver Tree at $25 or more to get an automatic pass into the Temple Club. If you’d like to get an idea what it’s like, I’d be happy to invite you once I’m done with my current round of pickpocketing. :-)

I am a backer myself, $5 only I am sorry to say, but I wonder how and when we will receive the invitation for it.[/quote]

I think you needed to back Silver Tree at $25 or more to get an automatic pass into the Temple Club. If you’d like to get an idea what it’s like, I’d be happy to invite you once I’m done with my current round of pickpocketing. :-)[/quote]
Oh no wonder I didn’t get an invitation, I had almost forgotten about the whole matter. While that’s disappointing it doesn’t sound like I’m missing much, unless there’s any lore?

Actually, the club was for anyone who donated, if I recall correctly. An “all backers” reward. The Saker Falcon was for people who donated over $25, and a Leaf from the Silver Tree was the reward for those who donated over $60. Every time I see them, I grow green with envy.

[quote=Fhoenix]Oh wow, I guess I have not been to the Forgotten Quaters in ages. Just noticed the Club there.
Would some kind soul be willing to send me an invitation? What items do you need inside?
p.s. There is no thread about this in the the Singing Mandrake. I wonder if should create one…[/quote]

I would invite you, but it seems “the user could not be found”. Perchance your storynexus name is different from your character’s name? Looking past that, should you find someone capable of inviting you, be certain to bring handfuls of jade and a Relic of the Fourth city. Make certain your Nightmares are two or above, but less than 6.

[quote=Urthdigger]The text was somewhat interesting as I recall. I’m not sure if the masters connections are at a discount, since I’m not sure how it compares. if it just gives 1 CP, then I think using the Special Books option for Mr. Pages might work better (That gives multiple CP).

As for sending an invite, doing so is free I believe, although adding you is proving to be impossible. You seem to be one of those unfortunate souls with their Storynexus name well hidden.[/quote]

The Special Books option costs 375 Echo worse of goods, if my math is not wrong. Did not know it gives more than one CP. So if Temple Club gives the same number of CP, it is cheaper by a third, if only one, then it is useless. Still worth checking, I think.

Probably because I login through Twitter or something. Added my name to the forum signature.

The invitation is sent. All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

The invitation is sent. All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.[/quote]

Capital! Will check it tomorrow. Although, I fear, I will have to make a second visit at a later date, as I do not have enough Romantic notions. I believe a trip to Polythreme is in order for me!
Would you like a boxed cat for your trouble?

The invitation is sent. All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.[/quote]
Capital! Will check it tomorrow. Although, I fear, I will have to make a second visit at a later date, as I do not have enough Romantic notions. I believe a trip to Polythreme is in order for me!
Would you like a boxed cat for your trouble?[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I’ve already a quartet of rather ravenous cats. Enjoy your visit!

i think the best thing about the temple club is the bazaar premises for 250 collated research option

but that seems to be members-only or something?

Actually, the club was for anyone who donated, if I recall correctly. An “all backers” reward. The Saker Falcon was for people who donated over $25, and a Leaf from the Silver Tree was the reward for those who donated over $60. Every time I see them, I grow green with envy.

[quote=Fhoenix]Oh wow, I guess I have not been to the Forgotten Quaters in ages. Just noticed the Club there.
p.s. There is no thread about this in the the Singing Mandrake. I wonder if should create one…[/quote]

I would invite you, but it seems “the user could not be found”. Perchance your storynexus name is different from your character’s name? Looking past that, should you find someone capable of inviting you, be certain to bring handfuls of jade and a Relic of the Fourth city. Make certain your Nightmares are two or above, but less than 6.[/quote]

Oh! I’d completely forgotten about that since I was just looking over the options available for me to take. Yes, there is a story to be had there. Bring what he said :)

So, I got into the Club. First of all, an invitation is an item. So if somebody spams invites to you, one can hoard them. Which is very neat.
Thanks to the kindness of Saharan and Catherine Raymond, I now have a couple of spares.

As for the club itself. It only takes 9 Echo worth of Honey/Shrieks/Stolen Correspondence to get 10 Echo worth of the third Tier items, so its a good way to convert them.
For the Orient/Tomb Colonies/Revolutionaries, you only get 10 cp of reputation per action. So it’s actually pretty bad for 3 Echo. And there is a cap on them. But since no cap is mentioned for Masters, I suspect it could actually be unlimited. So it all depends on how many CP you get. Now, if only measuring that was not so expensive… But sooner or later I will learn. For Science!