Donations vs. Monetization.

That doesn’t seem very odd to me; I’m pretty sure I’ve seen similar things (pay Fate to get to a success point, get a small additional reward by doing so) in at least two games. Would you make the weapons otherwise useable, or are they just the mechanic which allows a player to grind less? (If it just makes grinding quicker, I confess I would be less interested in spending.)

(Just a note: I would have some specific expectations about content that was only described as “adult”, and I think I might be more likely to be annoyed if content so-described wasn’t engaging. This is different from “content behind a Nex lock which affects a lot of other sections and provides resources, but that isn’t described as adult”; if that wasn’t engaging, I think I’d simply be disappointed. Mind, that could be just me!)

L&c,
F

Hi there,

Sorry to resurrect this thread. But. I think the Thirst Frontier is about as good as I’m going to get it. It’s still got some bugs, though, and a few rough edges and I’m not really comfortable accepting money for it.

But, based on discussion in this thread. Can I monetise it and make it very clear that I intend to donate any royalties to charity?

I was thinking of this one. http://www.unicef.org.au/Donate/One-off-Donation/Water--The-Ripple-Effect.aspx

I can’t imagine there would be a lot of money coming in, but it would make me feel better about monetising a sketchy project, while supporting Storynexus. If any royalties come in, I can just transfer them via PayPal. People would have to trust me, I guess.

Any thoughts?

Meg

[color=#009900]This is a fine idea and nothing in the ToS prevents or discourages it.[/color]

OK. Thanks very much.