does the heptagoat cost fate?

If yes, how much?

Its a bit early for me to think about it, i just got my overgoat, but i was curious about it

1 fate for each ubergoat, and one more for the heptagoat, so eight.

Perhaps.
Though not all are exceptional friends all the time, or even part of it.
Perhaps they used their Fate somewhere else. I have learned never to dismiss small change by saying or implying it as such - small.
It does adds up, it IS money, and you never know the priorities of the person who stands in front of you. 2-3 Fate sounds cheaper than their actual $ value (lower numerous value makes that trick, perhaps). So, it does cost Fate, which is a consideration. Though the Ubergoat is indeed the cheapest Fate-locked there is, which is very nice.

BTW, I believe FB is really attuned to that issue. It is a business which lives on profits (and Hesperidean Cider) but I have not noticed it trying to push push push the selling of Fate. Moreover, they even try to avoid selling Fate when players don’t really comprehend the bargain. Always explains the outcome, preventing purchase when clearly it is a mistake (e.g. Can’t buy Irrigo Begone! if one has still a free Memory Fades. Can’t buy an escape route in a Heist if one has a free one from Casing…).
A LOT of free content. And still, are able to provide something for the paying costumers and (hopefully!) be profitable, and not greedy.
I am VERY pleased with that, and thing FB deserves thumbs up for it.
edited by Gonen on 12/24/2015

I think I’m missing only one of the free Fate points available to those who started later (September 2014) and I’ve exactly 11 I haven’t gotten myself exiled from court (and the two storylines which follow), which confers a point, but I’ve done almost all the other free content available.

I’ve an agreement not to pay for this game, even if it means slower progress. So I’ve to husband my bits of Fate carefully. Maybe a year or two then for an heptagoat for me? (Edit: I’ve enough for the Overgoat
already. Wrong goat!)
edited by Parelle on 12/24/2015

You have better willpower than I. The first time I bought Fate I splurged it all on a Zubmarine. And then it was Exceptional Stories. And now it’s all things related to Mr. Sacks.

So I applaud your iron will. I can barely stop myself from acquiring a particular Bound Shark as it is.

Ahahahaha oh.

I’m the reason those locks exist. I accidentally did it once when I had no Irrigo (and then got my Fate refunded and the lock added), and then yet later again I accidentally purchased that when I had Fleeting Recollections (and then got my Fate refunded and the lock added).

Both times I was just trying to enter the Nadir and have a good fun memory wiping time.

[quote=Cecil ]
Ahahahaha oh.

I’m the reason those locks exist. I accidentally did it once when I had no Irrigo (and then got my Fate refunded and the lock added), and then yet later again I accidentally purchased that when I had Fleeting Recollections (and then got my Fate refunded and the lock added).

Both times I was just trying to enter the Nadir and have a good fun memory wiping time.[/quote]

Very good, then. You provided a valuable QA service. They should pay you, I reckon.