Do pets/companions need to be equipped?

So, I figure that owning companions and pets gives you more options in various situations, and sends entirely new events/opportunity cards your way. And I also figure that I can have more than one pet/companion. So my question is, do I actually need to have them &quotequipped&quot in order to get these options/events?

I know that this is a rather trivial question but I failed to find it answered anywhere else.

You just need to own the pet/companion to get their cards.

Nope! Just having them in your inventory is enough. You only have to equip them when you specifically want their stats boosts.

I think you only need the companion equipped if its an overgoat. Probably because it gives a quality while equipped, as opposed to just being a companion.

No.

I always get a kindness of ravens even if I didn’t equip said raven.

Alright, thank you, and for the quick replies.

Yeah, Overgoat is the one (annoying) exception. Not sure if equipping the Ubergoat unlocks any additional options, as I’m not there yet.

Re: the Overgoat – there’s no need to have it equipped to draw the card, thankfully (probably obvious to most people who will have drawn that card long before getting the goat). Since its challenges are quite difficult, the need to equip it can also serve as a reminder to just put your Watchful outfit on :)

Re: the Overgoat – there’s no need to have it equipped to draw the card, thankfully (probably obvious to most people who will have drawn that card long before getting the goat). Since its challenges are quite difficult, the need to equip it can also serve as a reminder to just put your Watchful outfit on :)[/quote]

The card for the Overgoat is drawn automatically. It’s just that 2/3 of the options on the care requires Caprine Authority, which is a quality you’ll only have while having the Overgoat equipped. (Very much worth it though, if you do. Heck, one of my equipment loadouts is specifically designed for that card, so I can swap to it, have 'goat + max Watchful and then afterwards switch back to my regular gear just as easily.)

(Perhaps think of Caprine Authority kinda like the Bizarre/Dreaded/Respectable qualities. It’s something you’ll have while you’ve got particular stuff equipped, but not a quality you’ll have much of during the rest of the time.)

I think having an Ubergoat/Heptagoat gives a higher level of the Caprine Authority quality, like a ‘Caprine Authority: 2’.
But yeah, the only actions I know of which use it require it to be ‘greater than or equal to 1’, and no more than that.

Yeah, and each level has its own title. Crown of eyes > Crown of Horns > Crown of Hearts.
edited by suinicide on 2/24/2016