Do people obsess about stats?

I obsess over my stats. I’m curious if that’s the case with other people or if you mostly just take it as it comes.

For myself I try very strongly to keep my stats aligned. I get remarkably uncomfortable when they get to the point where the lowest stat is ten or more points below the highest. Usually I try to keep them closer. I absolutely end up restricting my game-play in order to get the stats into the order I want; as an example I put a hold on my Labyrinth stuff when I got Dangerous &quottoo high&quot.

Currently I’m way out of whack, possibly due to my recent activities. Dangerous is now my low, so when I get back to London it’s into the Labyrinth for more wrestling for me.

But I know other paths exist, I read of people taking a long time after hitting 100 in a stat before they get to POSI.

So how do people feel about stats? Do you obsess over them? If so, what is the nature of your obsession?

I used to do that, but I used to go one further and have them all multiples of 3… With the new wardrobe option, switching wardrobes is feasible and I haven’t done that in a while.

…though I’ve done it again now. Damnable twice-forgotten compulsion.
edited by fitz on 4/28/2016

I let mine be wildly out of balance. I just follow stories that interest me, or do grinds for cards. I’ve had stats more than 100 pts apart. ;) Really, they sort of take care of themselves in the background. The only ones I watch are making waves and notability, since that has to flow with the TTH cycle each week.[li]
edited by Appolonia on 4/28/2016

I’m capped now, but I definitely made sure to keep my levels about even with each other when I first started playing. Not completely even since I designated a couple main stats to keep higher than the other two, but they all stayed about even.

The only obsession, so to speak, I have is to keep my Watchful higher than the other stats because detective. It’s been a tough battle as of late, since I haven’t unlocked Wilmot’s End yet, but I try.

[quote=absimiliard]I obsess over my stats. I’m curious if that’s the case with other people or if you mostly just take it as it comes.

For myself I try very strongly to keep my stats aligned. I get remarkably uncomfortable when they get to the point where the lowest stat is ten or more points below the highest. Usually I try to keep them closer. I absolutely end up restricting my game-play in order to get the stats into the order I want; as an example I put a hold on my Labyrinth stuff when I got Dangerous &quottoo high&quot.

Currently I’m way out of whack, possibly due to my recent activities. Dangerous is now my low, so when I get back to London it’s into the Labyrinth for more wrestling for me.

But I know other paths exist, I read of people taking a long time after hitting 100 in a stat before they get to POSI.

So how do people feel about stats? Do you obsess over them? If so, what is the nature of your obsession?[/quote]
Currently trying to drive persuasive through the floorboards so i can get a few more cards in the nadir. otherwise apathetic to stat balances. At the same time, am trying to keep any of them from going too low, with the exception of persuasive of course.

I’m maxed out in everything, except Shadowy, which has always trailed behind, and is still at like 150. So I’d say no, not really. I used to see them as a “self expression” sort of thing where my character is good at some stuff and bad at other stuff, but then I hit the ceiling and so they’ve all become the same.

Stats and I have a somewhat rocky relationship. I’ve gone from 0 to cap and back down to 0 maybe six times over and I’d probably do it all again with a smile. I’ve currently dropped my persuasive from cap to about 22 for fun for the seventh time. I guess you could say I am a person of unpredictable talents and skill.

I’m capped for now, but when I was still a younger Londoner, I didn’t care in the slightest for my stats. I just wanted enough to do the stories I found interesting, and obtain what I needed. Nothing less, nothing more.
The only reason I’m capped is due to coincidence. I remember that my Persuasive stat was still around 150 when all others were at max, and stayed like that for over a year or more, without any change, because I just didn’t do any story increasing Persuasive and were focused on other things (don’t ask me what, I never really had plans or any strategy, I just go with the flow).

I didn’t care about keeping stats even until I was on the cusp of becoming a PoSI and Shadowy was still 70. After that I tried to keep them in line a bit better. Now that I’m capped, my main concern is that I make back the losses from the Nadir each week.

For those characters not yet at cap, I try to keep all the stats about even - and, further, I tend to keep their two best stats a few points higher, and let the other two catch up. Further, when deciding on my characters’ default outfits, I try to find combinations that suit their individual styles, boost their stats from high to low in orders that suit their personalities, and don’t result in any two characters wearing the same piece of equipment.

In the early days, I made it a point to keep my Dangerous as low as possible… Until I discovered the requirements for POSI.

I make no real attempts to keep my stats even and, besides grinding the lowest one to a hundred so I wouldn’t have to wait for POSI, never really have.

Right now, my highest stat is 196 and my lowest is 146

I’ve only been interested in my stats at two times in the game: first when gaining POSI status and trying to get them all to 100.

And then again as they were creeping closer to 200. I’m now capped on Dangerous and Persuasive, and Watchful is getting close, in the 190s. Shadowy is, of course, lagging behind in the 160s (though I have no idea of the exact number without checking).

EDIT: Wow, I guess I’m doing better on Shadowy than I thought…I logged in to check and it’s at 180!
edited by Myrto on 5/2/2016