Dining Room Table Challenge

[quote=Madmurdock][quote=Gregg Johnson]Using the alternative methods to supply the Zeppelin only requires 1 hold space x 10 trips for the fuel, nothing (I think?) for the supplies, and a few items here and there for the souls (I think only one at a time, though). It should still be doable? Maybe? Depends where Mt. Palmerston and the Khanate are relative to the Empire. Or alternatively, Adam’s Way and the Empire.
edited by Olorin on 2/16/2015[/quote]

It’ll be 5 trips. Each batch of hydrogen from IR is 20 fuel. However, I think supplies are impossible. 5 supplies = 10 zepplin supplies, which means no fuel and the &quotplan&quot the senschal comes up with only nets you 60 supplies. So you’ll need another 4 runs with 5 supplies on your ship. The only way I can think of doing it would be having a load of money, ditch all your fuel when you reach the port, buy 5 supplies from the mayor there for something stupid like 40 echos each and hand them in that way. It’ll be expensive though.
edited by Madmurdock on 2/16/2015[/quote]

You can fulfill the supply requirement entirely by the alternate method.

Just

don’t introduce blemmigans to the islands.

What, is it 100 now? last time it was 60 supplies for me.[li]

I only just completed the Zeppelin today and it is definitely 60 supplies; you can get the 100 souls by making the correct choice earlier in the Empire of Hands and it takes a number of voyages to get all the fuel.

Has anyone tried using the clay stokers in a steam launch?

(…yes amazing.) I think you would die instantly though, since that reduces your crew to -2. And then your boat will have been hijacked to become another unfinished revolutionaries ship.[li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 2/16/2015

Just tested this, using my nomad save since it was right next to polythreme, and I can confirm you totally die if you equip clay stokers on a steam launch.

[quote=fortluna]Did you sell your soul to the mayor? On my zeppelin run last week you could buy supplies straight off the monkeys (if he’s still four-souled) for twenty echoes in port stanton itself. Bringing material to the Empire also nets a lot of drowning pearls no matter what you bring.
[/quote]
Yeah, you can buy the supplies easily enough for the same price as in London… it’s refueling afterwards that’s expensive, but still doable. If 5 supplies donated does in fact give 10 supplies to the zeppelin, then it finishing that part would cost another 700 echoes (400 for supplies, 300 for fuel, though could skimp if a cheaper fuel source is nearby).

Almost certain it was only 10 when I last did it…

It was twenty when the story first became available, and twenty last week. [li]

Twenty today as well

sometimes the Venturer asks for things that don’t take up space. It may be a matter of luck to make sure at least one of his two desires does that though? Outlandish Artifacts, Monster trophies, and colossal fluke core are doable, but even if you get lucky theree’s no way to get his 40 supplies to avid horizon. Pretty sure you can’t do multiple trips

Wow I didn’t realize that you could get away without food or lights on that ship… that would make you a champ for exploring (assuming you had sufficiently high veils).

I’ve often wondered about exploring the tiny channels (eg, near low barnett) with the steam launch. Anything of interest there or are they still impassible?