Dilmun vs Stags vs Parthenaeum

I’m currently working tasks for all three of these, or have the option to do so. Are any of these mutually exclusive? If I become a full member of one will that stop me from being a full member of either of the other two? I might be confusing clubs with affiliations or something similar.

Dilmun cannot be equipped in a “club” inventory slot. So it is Stags VS Parthenaeum.
And yes, stags and parthenaeum club are exclusive. You will still be able to swap between them via storylet and a bit of grind, though.

PS: I wish there were more clubs …

The Dilmun Club is not an affiliation but you do have to choose between The Young Stags and the Parthenum.

There ought to be a Travellers Club, for all the zee-zailors. And it would be an interesting point whether living in Fallen London qualifies one for the &quot500 miles outside of London&quot requirement. How deep are we, anyway?
There is the Temple club, too, but players can now only visit, not become members.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 11/3/2015

If it helps you make your decision:

[spoiler]Joining the Parthenaeum provides The Parthenaeum, an item in the Club category, providing Respectable+4 and Persuasive+1
its Opportunity Card gives either +150 Whispered Hint, or allows you to reduce your Suspicion by 1-2CP.

Joining the Young Stags Club provides The Young Stags Club, an item in the Club category, providing Shadowy +1, Dreaded +2 and Bizarre +2
its Opportunity card gives either +90 Greyfields 1882 (90% chance, with +Scandal +Suspicion on failure), or allows you to spend 500 Rostygold to gain +50CP of both Connected:Bohemian and Connected:Society.

And the Dilmun Club provides a Dilmun Club Lapel Badge, an item in the Weapon category, providing Bizarre +1 and Watchful +5.
Grab it anyway, as there’s no reason to skip the Dilmun Club presently. Secret societies don’t really count as ‘Clubs’, regardless what they’re named. (I believe being a member of the Dilmun Club is meant to unlock a storylet, but that action is not currently available.) [/spoiler]
edited by Kittenpox on 11/3/2015

[quote=malthaussen]There ought to be a Travellers Club, for all the zee-zailors. And it would be an interesting point whether living in Fallen London qualifies one for the &quot500 miles outside of London&quot requirement. How deep are we, anyway?
There is the Temple club, too, but players can now only visit, not become members. [/quote]

Uhuh, a club for cartographers, scous, zailors, merchants, mercenaries, hunters and various prospectors would really be nice.

Now a bit of pittiful musings on niche/balance factor:
Bonus cap: 5 (1 stat + 4 RDB)
Niches avaliable (without stat bonus and proportions):
Pure Respectable (Parthenaeum)
Pure Dreaded
Pure Bizarre
Respectable + Dreaded
Respectable + Bizarre
Dreaded + Bizarre (Stags)

Technically, there are 4 &quotslots&quot for additional clubs (according to the established balance). The club i’ve scetched woud probably grant +1 dangerous +2 respectful +2 dreadful. That would probably benefit RP aspect of the game, but it is still something that will never happen, considering the fact FG have other things to do instead of making minor content expansions.
edited by Andrew Astherson on 11/3/2015

[quote=malthaussen]There ought to be a Travellers Club, for all the zee-zailors. And it would be an interesting point whether living in Fallen London qualifies one for the &quot500 miles outside of London&quot requirement. How deep are we, anyway?
There is the Temple club, too, but players can now only visit, not become members.[/quote]

The closest that comes to mind is Held in Esteem by the Crew of the Galatea, which I believe is Fate-locked.
Though I’m not sure the zailing community within the Fallen London universe is quite so close-knit as to have their own club. Would be interesting to find out, though.

[quote=Kittenpox][quote=malthaussen]There ought to be a Travellers Club, for all the zee-zailors. And it would be an interesting point whether living in Fallen London qualifies one for the &quot500 miles outside of London&quot requirement. How deep are we, anyway?
There is the Temple club, too, but players can now only visit, not become members.[/quote]

The closest that comes to mind is Held in Esteem by the Crew of the Galatea, which I believe is Fate-locked.
Though I’m not sure the zailing community within the Fallen London universe is quite so close-knit as to have their own club. Would be interesting to find out, though.[/quote]
There’s the something something Dog society in that one exceptional story, though that’s more of an offshoot of the navy.