declining a Feast gift

Will it return people’s stuff to them? Because I really don’t need more and I hate for people to waste their stuff on me.

Especially Nex. I am too poor to truly participate in the Feast this year but I suspect many who trades in Nex gifts will want to know about the consequences.

I already told people not to send me Nex gifts, and I figure if you do that before you talk to someone, you take your chances. But for people who may not have seen my updated forum signature or may not be on the forums, and who think a non-Fate gift would be a nice gesture–it would be! Under other circumstances.

Well it may not apply to you. Yet people can make all kinds of mistakes with those tabs and trades and send the wrong gift to the wrong person.

It will return the item to the sender. Not the nex, but the item.
edited by MidnightVoyager on 2/15/2015

I tried this out by declining a glass of teeth from my alt character, and it seems that the 500 cryptic clues are lost when the gift is declined. No Item appeared in any inventory.

Yes, it definitely doesn’t work for non-fate actions.

I had an alt send an alt a hamper of heart cuts to be declined. Yup, even the cheap fate items are returned to the sender. Thankfully.

[quote=MidnightVoyager]It will return the item to the sender. Not the nex, but the item.[/quote]Oh? So that’d be a handy way to give a Fate-gift to oneself then, if one was so inclined? It would just require a cooperative friend who’d be willing to reject said gift, rather than spending Fate or Nex to reciprocate.

I am also in the position where I don’t need gifts, but my reclusive nature has already prevented me from receiving more non-Fate gifts than I’ve been able to reciprocate. Three Pink-Painted Cats are now looking at each other, none too pleased with the situation. They should probably consider themselves lucky that members of the Apicius Club don’t eat cats. Well, at least not to my knowledge they don’t.

Thank you for testing and reporting back!

[quote=Gillsing][quote=MidnightVoyager]It will return the item to the sender. Not the nex, but the item.[/quote]Oh? So that’d be a handy way to give a Fate-gift to oneself then, if one was so inclined? It would just require a cooperative friend who’d be willing to reject said gift, rather than spending Fate or Nex to reciprocate.

I am also in the position where I don’t need gifts, but my reclusive nature has already prevented me from receiving more non-Fate gifts than I’ve been able to reciprocate. Three Pink-Painted Cats are now looking at each other, none too pleased with the situation. They should probably consider themselves lucky that members of the Apicius Club don’t eat cats. Well, at least not to my knowledge they don’t.[/quote]

curious thought. the club SHOULD be interested in eating many of the feast’s gift… spiders, horrid candy, maggots…