Death By Water and The Fire Sermon

It looks like I need Death By Water and The Fire Sermon in order to progress in my ambition (Heart’s Desire.)

But dang! I have basically never seen these opportunities. I have Burial of the Dead 5, and What the Thunder Said 6, but Fire Sermon 1 and Death by Water 1. Am I doing something wrong, or are these really as rare as they seem?

My Death by Water is 5, but I’ve got the same problem with Fire Sermon (level 1): it’s the only dream I lack for the Manager, and I can’t seem to get anymore cards for it (or for the Game of Chess, but that isn’t needed). For what I know it’s just a matter of luck, but if a way to twitch fate actually exists, I’d be happy to know it :s

A trip to Hunter’s Keep might be in order. It won’t help with the dreams, of course, but it will allow you to make the alternative payment.

edited by Patrick Reding on 2/27/2012

Well, probably just waiting for the cards would be quicker for me (I’m still around 30 Shadowy and 40 Dangerous). But my current tactic is to become a Person of Some Importance anyway, and go for the ship; if Fire Sermon should arrive to 5 before that I can always go to the Manager, if it doesn’t then the Unterzee will be. Alas, I’ve only got a total of three Queer Parcels, so there’s no chance to get the key via the Duchess, at least until next christmas :s

Fire Sermon does seem to be the ultra rare of dream cards. Been playing for months, flipping cards constantly, and only finally saw the first card yesterday.

Honestly you might just be better off putting your Ambition on the back burner for a bit. The content doesn’t go very far past there anyways and you’d be better of building up your Shadowy and Dangerous before becoming a Person of Some Importance.

Also I find with the Fire Sermon I either get absolutely nothing or it’s practically every other card.

Honestly you might just be better off putting your Ambition on the back burner for a bit. The content doesn’t go very far past there anyways and you’d be better of building up your Shadowy and Dangerous before becoming a Person of Some Importance.

Also I find with the Fire Sermon I either get absolutely nothing or it’s practically every other card.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice ^^ Skipping requirements with Fate is out of discussion: I’d need those points anyway sooner or later, so I’m just gonna grind and use the rewards to buy the equipment I still need (mostly clothing: I’m already done with the required Lodgings and almost done with Friends).
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/28/2012

Personally, I found Hunter’s Keep far more reliable. It is not that the Marvelous doesn’t wait for you :)

I’ve seen more of both dreams recently so they may have changed the appearance rate. Although I spend quite a lot of time working on other things and waiting for cards to appear so I could have a biased view.

~MF
A Lady dreaming

I concur with the previous.
Heart’s Desire has been content capped for months and it’s likely to stay that way. Dreams are a very rare thing and you are likely to miss them when they are gone. Once you’ve got your ship, a quick trip to Hunter’ Keep will get you that Stone Key which can be acquired again on your next trip to the island. It seems far away, but that time will fly like no body’s business.
Heart’s Desire isn’t going anywhere. It is really likely that by the time you get to be a PoSI, get your ship and make the trip, there will still be no, or so small amount it doesn’t matter, new Ambition content. Heck, the Ambition storylets aren’t likely to be resolved until October, so there is absolutely no rush on this.
Your Dreams, on the other hand, you will spend the rest of your days lamenting why you gave up something so rare only to be able to sit in the waiting room sooner. Patience is a virtue!

I have not yet encountered Hunter’s Keep. Is this one of the fantastic locations located across the unterzee? Alas, I find myself without a ship, and I find the business of acquiring items as a Person of Some Importance to be quite tedious.

But perhaps not so tedious as waiting for dreams.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I concur with the previous.
Heart’s Desire has been content capped for months and it’s likely to stay that way. Dreams are a very rare thing and you are likely to miss them when they are gone. Once you’ve got your ship, a quick trip to Hunter’ Keep will get you that Stone Key which can be acquired again on your next trip to the island. It seems far away, but that time will fly like no body’s business.
Heart’s Desire isn’t going anywhere. It is really likely that by the time you get to be a PoSI, get your ship and make the trip, there will still be no, or so small amount it doesn’t matter, new Ambition content. Heck, the Ambition storylets aren’t likely to be resolved until October, so there is absolutely no rush on this.
Your Dreams, on the other hand, you will spend the rest of your days lamenting why you gave up something so rare only to be able to sit in the waiting room sooner. Patience is a virtue![/quote]

I’ll take the advice in due consideration :) Though after all, given the frequency of Fire Sermon cards, it seems entirely plausible that I’ll get a ship and get to Hunter’s keep much earlier XD

[quote=DeCarabas]I have not yet encountered Hunter’s Keep. Is this one of the fantastic locations located across the unterzee? Alas, I find myself without a ship, and I find the business of acquiring items as a Person of Some Importance to be quite tedious.

But perhaps not so tedious as waiting for dreams.[/quote]
It is indeed across the zee. But trust me, the ship is well worth the investment.