current ways to grind connected:revolutionaries

I have forgotten why I need this to be at 100 or more its currently only at 7 but I dream of a dark cave every night with a purple like light it isn’t purple however but I have forgotten what the shade should be called.

can anyone help me?

[quote=DanV]I have forgotten why I need this to be at 100 or more its currently only at 7 but I dream of a dark cave every night with a purple like light it isn’t purple however but I have forgotten what the shade should be called.

can anyone help me?[/quote]

To raise Revolutionaries go to the Forgotten Quarter - Reaping the academic benefits - A public lecture

That also raises society and bohemian but, unfortunately, gives suspicion so you might need a lot of Absolution Solution or other methods to keep that under control so you don’t get sent to New Newgate.

[quote=DanV]I have forgotten why I need this to be at 100 or more its currently only at 7 but I dream of a dark cave every night with a purple like light it isn’t purple however but I have forgotten what the shade should be called.

You can ask someone to help you with suspicion as many people do, but this makes you get 12 CP of connections/AP. Every 4 actions require one more to get rid of the suspicion.
Level 100 requires 3775CP which means 315 AP. Yes, you get other connections as well, but regarding Nadir is best to pay 400E in case you didn’t find 5 skulls to make a cinder.
Plus, if you draw cards in The Flit, you may get this cards which enables you to trade 120CP Revolutionaries to 28.8 E which is pretty neat! :D

A small bonus to your question:
If you will wish to raise your connections (Bohemians, Society, Revolutionaries) you can get rid of your suspicion in Spite if the Airs are correct. To change those you can just grind Connections with the Widow and wait to get 25- Airs. This way you grind 4 connections at the same time with no extra costs.

Cheers and good luck in that glowing cave!
edited by Skinnyman on 5/24/2016

One alternative is hunting for Eyeless Skulls - two of the options for exploring the Forgotten Quarter give them on rare successes. Doing so also means you accumulate various items, but it raises Nightmares.

[quote=Skinnyman][quote=DanV]I have forgotten why I need this to be at 100 or more its currently only at 7 but I dream of a dark cave every night with a purple like light it isn’t purple however but I have forgotten what the shade should be called.

You can ask someone to help you with suspicion as many people do, but this makes you get 12 CP of connections/AP. Every 4 actions require one more to get rid of the suspicion.
Level 100 requires 3775CP which means 315 AP. Yes, you get other connections as well, but regarding Nadir is best to pay 400E in case you didn’t find 5 skulls to make a cinder.
Plus, if you draw cards in The Flit, you may get this cards which enables you to trade 120CP Revolutionaries to 28.8 E which is pretty neat! :D

A small bonus to your question:
If you will wish to raise your connections (Bohemians, Society, Revolutionaries) you can get rid of your suspicion in Spite if the Airs are correct. To change those you can just grind Connections with the Widow and wait to get 25- Airs. This way you grind 4 connections at the same time with no extra costs.

Cheers and good luck in that glowing cave!
edited by Skinnyman on 5/24/2016[/quote]
Don’t forget, if you’re seeking the connection for another purpose, that connected society goes for 500 cp for 25 echoes and a little bonus on the tomb-colonists vs. society card, which isn’t a bad way to cash in. Once you do this, it’s… hmm… 315 actions for 400 echoes from revolutionaries, 75 levels or more bohemian (3775 cp)- which doesn’t have nearly as immediately viable cash in options- and ~187.5 echoes society connections. this leaves it with the quite impressive ~1.82 epa, though it’s partially card based and is delaying your entry into the nadir, and is only that good if you assume you’d be buying it for 400 echoes otherwise. (though even after, it’s still the not-terrible 1.58 epa with the bohemian levels as a free bonus.) if you buy the ablution solution, it’s 12.69 cp per action, which makes it about 17 actions faster, but increases the costs by 69 echoes, making it only worthwhile if you aren’t doing this for cash.

Not exactly an optimal grind, but not bad- and if for some reason (such as preparing any of the three for the connected -> renown conversion) you need connections fast, this is actually one of the best card-free connection grinds for both bohemian and revolutionaries.
[i]edited by Grenem on 5/24/2016

[/i][quote=Optimatum]One alternative is hunting for Eyeless Skulls - two of the options for exploring the Forgotten Quarter give them on rare successes. Doing so also means you accumulate various items, but it raises Nightmares.[/quote]
Generally speaking, the selling the skulls you find is actually better than holding onto them- they’re pretty rare and you’re going to have a handful of penalty cards before you find all 5 skulls. still, it is an option.
edited by Grenem on 5/24/2016

True. There is that Searing Enigma rare success for converting them to a Cinder though. Definitely best to sell random Skulls from expeditions IMO if not specifically trying to get a Cinder.

[quote=Grenem]Generally speaking, the selling the skulls you find is actually better than holding onto them- they’re pretty rare and you’re going to have a handful of penalty cards before you find all 5 skulls. still, it is an option.
edited by Grenem on 5/24/2016[/quote]
Grenem, that’s the only true option to enter Nadir! :p
But to keep it related to the thread, I agree with the addition you made. Probably the option one picks, in the end, isn’t that different from others. I did this math before entering Nadir and decided to go with the Cinder mostly because of the RP and the challenge related to obtaining one.

Yes, sure, because that is so worth holding onto four different useless cards for six days as you wait for that elusive fifth skull to show up. I mean, it’s not like upcrafting 12.5 echo items randomly gives enigmas as well, right? oh wait, they do!

And it’s not like skulls grinds are either really slow, or like the forgotten quarter will try to drive you mad even as your deck does the same, right? I suppose you might find it to be worthwhile if you have no echoes, but you almost certainly have 400 echoes in, if not disposable, at least semi-disposable stuff, and either other grind will probably take multiple days. At least with the revolutionaries one, you can easily deal with the penalties.

Personally, i’m of the opinion that the skulls are both almost certainly the slowest and will completely shut down any hand below 5 cards before they get all five skulls, or force them to take the penalty.
edited by Grenem on 5/25/2016

Upcrafting randomly gives cinders? Am I missing something?

Opps, meant searing enigmas from cinders. nvm.

[quote=Grenem].
Personally, i’m of the opinion that the skulls are both almost certainly the slowest and will completely shut down any hand below 5 cards before they get all five skulls, or force them to take the penalty.
edited by Grenem on 5/25/2016[/quote]

I just tried for a Cinder over the past six days. Here’s a bit of background:

• I’m fully statcapped (when not dealing with the Nadir).
  • I have +67 Watchful, meaning that I pass the +3 Expedition check at 100% and I can pass all of the Curio checks (which are fairly high)
  • I have a five card lodging

First off, I obtained 2 of my 5 skulls through expeditions and had spent all of my spare actions doing those whenever I got bored with the airs. I probably did about 2 a day for the past five days as I started with a surplus of supplies.

For the curios storylets, note that the Skulls are rare successes, and I always succeeded (and thus didn’t have to deal with the increased Nightmares due to failures or the chance of not succeeding at all). Even so, I hit Nightmares 7 yesterday (which was then knocked down first due to TtH and then down to nightmares 3 after the Nadir) and went back up to nightmares 5 this morning. The nightmares are no joke if you’re wandering the quarter. Either enjoy going mad or spend some time in nightmare mitigation.

Over the course of the five days, I drew 6 eyeless skull cards and took the stat hit via 3 of them (2 Watchful, Persuasive). At the end, I held 3 cards in my hand along with another one I didn’t want to discard, giving me a single open slot.

When I got the Skulls and converted them to a Cinder I &quotonly&quot got the success of 7 Incendiary Gossip. If you’re looking for Searing Engima rare successes, try the Thirsty Bomb.
scrap to Puzzle Damask, which pays out 2 Searing Engimas, though at a Criminal Favour cost.

So! At the time I opened the Nadir I used the 400 echo option. I can definitely affirm that was worth it, though it was the single biggest expense I had in the game at that point and probably for a few months afterwards. I’ve gotten more out of the Nadir monetary than 400 echoes (if only being I picked up a Tears of the bazaar alone, never mind other draws of other profitable cards). Consider too that each eyeless skull sells for 62.5, so you’re spending almost 400 anyway…
edited by Parelle on 5/25/2016
edited by Parelle on 5/25/2016

Parelle: What option are you using in the Forgotten Quarter. I just recently called in some Revolutionary favors in the Flit and – wow, just wow. So now I’m looking for more Revolutionary connections.

What I’ve been doing is giving public lectures, but that’s not giving me any nightmares. Oddly, I’m kind of looking for nightmares. I’ve tried seeking curios but that doesn’t seem to yield the connections I want.

Is there a storylet I’m missing, or are you doing multiple storylets to get the skulls and nightmares and connection: Revolutionaries?

[quote=absimiliard]Parelle: What option are you using in the Forgotten Quarter…
Is there a storylet I’m missing, or are you doing multiple storylets to get the skulls and nightmares and connection: Revolutionaries?[/quote]

Nope, nope, sorry! I wasn’t clear at all: I was referring to only to getting Eyeless Skulls for a Ray Drenched Cinder! I don’t think I’ve touched my Connected: Revolutionaries since last Hallowmas.

[quote=absimiliard]Parelle: What option are you using in the Forgotten Quarter. I just recently called in some Revolutionary favors in the Flit and – wow, just wow. So now I’m looking for more Revolutionary connections.

What I’ve been doing is giving public lectures, but that’s not giving me any nightmares. Oddly, I’m kind of looking for nightmares. I’ve tried seeking curios but that doesn’t seem to yield the connections I want.

Is there a storylet I’m missing, or are you doing multiple storylets to get the skulls and nightmares and connection: Revolutionaries?[/quote]
Umm- revolutionaries and seeking skulls are different methods for the cinder- you can get a cinder either from a few points connected revolution and 5 skulls (which sell individually for 62.5 echoes, so it’s not that good of a deal), or at no other cost for 100 levels- 3775 cp- revolutionaries.

Getting revolutionaries by speaking on the correspondence will give suspicion, and eventually qualify you for the level 100 payout.

Seeking skulls is best done by wandering the forgotten quarter, and will eventually qualify you for the cinder, though it’s heavily luck-based. it also tends to have options when shuffling forgotten quarter airs that give nighmares.

(Or the third, and likely best, option: 400 echoes. quick, easy, relatively low effort and painless.)

I’m not actually seeking the skulls myself – don’t really care for getting a ray-drenched cinder – though eventually I might. Just needed connected: Revolutionaries and nightmares and thought I saw Parelle mention a way to do both in one action. (which was me misinterpreting things) Sorry for the lack of clarity.