Counting the days

How do you start Counting the days?

I believe you have to have Spending Secrets 4 and then you receive an opportunity to make a deal with someone on a caper. Or at least that’s how I was able to restart my collecting.

~MF

If you have four close friends (the Soldier, the Singer, the Forger and the Functionary) you may freely advance your Counting the days quality from 0 to 14 by spending time with them.

Just like Lawrence put, you can do that (that is how I did it). If not, then I would gladly redirect you to http://community.failbettergames.com/topic523-new-numismatrix-content.aspx
Where WintersNight’s and gang has gladly put together some options they’ve uncovered.

Unfortunately I accediently lost my relationship with the soldier and I think he starts it off

If you’re aligned with the right people, Dice Games on the Quayside at Wolfstack Docks can also get you started. (Bohemian, Great Game, Urchins, Docks, Criminals, Hell, Revolutionaries, Rubbery Men, or Tomb-Colonists.) I believe those are the only two CtD 0 storylets- otherwise, you’d have to wait for cards.

[quote=Rayhne]Unfortunately I accediently lost my relationship with the soldier and I think he starts it off[/quote] You can rekindle your relationship with some time spent in Watchmaker’s Hill.

~MF

I know CtD resets after you reach level 14, but is is a quality you can restart and play again and again for more rewards?

Yes.

Secrets and Spending (4?) is what keeps the opportunity open as you rebuild CtD.

Is there any way to lower your Counting the Days?

[quote=Merida Evelyn]Is there any way to lower your Counting the Days?[/quote]Yes. When you hit CtD 14 and draw the Secrets and Spending card, all the options on that card removes your Counting the Days quality, effectively lowering it to 0. Other than that? No way I know of.