convention panel about London in games

I’m at Worldcon, which is an annual science fiction and fantasy convention that is held in a different place every year. This year it’s in London, and today I was on a panel about London in games, which as FL is about the only game I play, is what I talked about. Here are some sketchy notes that may be of interest to you all.

Off the top of my head, there are a few video games set in London, such as Streets of London (old text adventure) and the Italian Job. Even a couple of GTA games.

As far as RPGs go, I can’t help but mention Fireborn, set in a modern world with magic slowly returning, centered on London. The PCs are reincarnated dragons, their nonhuman heritage returning to them as magic spreads.

Sounds like a good panel - it’s an interesting topic! The Getaway and it’s sequel were both set in modern day London, but I think developers often avoid it because it’s much less organised than most large US cities (no grid layout, etc.)

other than some sherlock holmes videogames, i can only think of waxworks(by defunct horrorsoft) as another game where london is featured. my avatar is a very tiny screenshot from that olde “goldbox”-like game