Consequences of a Trade in Faces?

Hello!

The other day I caved into my curiosity and unlocked &quotA Trade in Faces&quot, and so far I’ve been delighted! The snuffers really interest me, and I was super intrigued by the incident with the flint idol and how it related to the Face-Tailor. I definitely recommend playing through this one if you love lore like I do.

Anyways…

[spoiler] I’ve gotten to a point where I’ve been asked to pick a person. The thing is, it seems like two of these options would change things quite a bit. What I’m asking is, if I suggest to the Face-Tailor to steal the identity of the Curt Relicker/the Veteran Privy Counsellor, will it effect anything? I know they both have cards specific to them- &quotThe Curt Relicker and Montgomery are Moving Quietly Past&quot and that one where the Counsellor comes by to try and sell you a a ledger over tea. Will there perhaps be a new option on those cards, or a new card entirely?

I know there’s two other people I can suggest, a poisoner and a society man, but I can’t remember ever hearing about those two before. Would choosing them do anything?

Thanks!

Mechanically, each choice unlocks a single option on one card, either the faction card related to the character, or for the Relicker on his own card. As far as I’m aware it will not change any content outside that. If you care primarily about rewards, I suggest deciding which card you are least likely to use as-is.

You may have already chosen a person, but nevertheless, here’s a brief outline of the mechanical changes of the replacements.

Curt Relicker: Adds an option to the Curt Relicker card. It gives Suspicion reduction (around 3 or 4 CP, if I recall correctly) and 1-3 Certifiable Scraps. It gives the otherwise mostly useless card some use, and it’s the ending that I chose.

The Veteran Privy Counsellor: Adds an option to the Great Game card. I believe it gives a Favour without the 1 CP of Wounds gain. Note that unlike the others, the Veteran Privy Counsellor appears fairly frequently in other storylines (Making Your Name, &quotThe Marriage of Feducci&quot, &quotThe Stone Guest&quot).

The Prim Baronet: Adds an option to the Society card. I believe it gives a Favour without the 1 CP of Suspicion gain. If you play &quotThe Haunting at the Marsh-House&quot Exceptional Story after the replacement, acknowledgement will be made of the replacement when the Prim Baronet appears.

Dottore Rappacini: Adds an option to the Criminals card. I believe it also gives a Favour without the 1 CP of Suspicion gain.

Thank you!

[quote=Azothi]You may have already chosen a person, but nevertheless, here’s a brief outline of the mechanical changes of the replacements.

[spoiler]
Curt Relicker: Adds an option to the Curt Relicker card. It gives Suspicion reduction (around 3 or 4 CP, if I recall correctly) and 1-3 Certifiable Scraps. It gives the otherwise mostly useless card some use, and it’s the ending that I chose.

The Veteran Privy Counsellor: Adds an option to the Great Game card. I believe it gives a Favour without the 1 CP of Wounds gain. Note that unlike the others, the Veteran Privy Counsellor appears fairly frequently in other storylines (Making Your Name, &quotThe Marriage of Feducci&quot, &quotThe Stone Guest&quot).

The Prim Baronet: Adds an option to the Society card. I believe it gives a Favour without the 1 CP of Suspicion gain. If you play &quotThe Haunting at the Marsh-House&quot Exceptional Story after the replacement, acknowledgement will be made of the replacement when the Prim Baronet appears.

Dottore Rappacini: Adds an option to the Criminals card. I believe it also gives a Favour without the 1 CP of Suspicion gain.
[/spoiler][/quote]

Thank you so much, this was extremely helpful! I was originally planning on picking the Veteran Privy Counsellor, but now I feel more inclined towards the Prim Baronet. Would you happen to know if the &quotVeteran Privy Counsellor&quot ever acknowledges the change after he’s picked?

[quote=Cadwyn Knivlove]Thank you so much, this was extremely helpful! I was originally planning on picking the Veteran Privy Counsellor, but now I feel more inclined towards the Prim Baronet. Would you happen to know if the &quotVeteran Privy Counsellor&quot ever acknowledges the change after he’s picked?[/quote] The replaced Prim Baronet only adds (to the Society card) an option for Suspicion Reduction if that changes your mind (I picked this ending and every so often take advantage it).

Many thanks, many thanks for this!
EDIT: 1) Does picking the Veteran Privy Counsellor affect any future ESs?
2) If I were to reset the story just to farm case notes (because why not?! :D), do I lose the qualities and thus the card options until I finish it again?
edited by Skinnyman on 2/26/2019

Yes, you would lose the associated card option.