Clandestine shenanigans!

Checking out the updates to the ‘home’ tab, I noticed the option to click on ‘change your message settings’. So I did… and discovered that not only is there an option to receive a message when ‘a player does something uncivil to me’, but that option - unlike the others - was, by default, hideously unticked!

Who knows what uncivil things others have been doing to me, without my knowledge! grin I was forced to tick the box immediately, to remedy this. (What sort of uncivil things might these be? Is this a new update, do we think? I like that there is also an option for failbetter to message me ‘when a story develops’ so I know right away when there’s new content.)

I believe this is a leftover from Times Immemorial, when Knife-and-Candle was still around. Stabbing is terribly incivil, no?

Of course, I might be entirely mistaken.

[quote=Cedric Appleby]I believe this is a leftover from Times Immemorial, when Knife-and-Candle was still around. Stabbing is terribly incivil, no?

Of course, I might be entirely mistaken.[/quote]

I think this development means there bringing knife and candle back. I would welcome that with much fervor.
edited by Cubethulhu on 2/8/2012

I hope that’s true! I started playing EB just as knife and candle was winding up, so I never got a chance to play. It sounds like fun!

> ‘when a story develops’
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Actually, that’s for a separate, major, new feature, coming soon…[/color]

Oooooooh, how exciting!

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]> ‘when a story develops’
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Actually, that’s for a separate, major, new feature, coming soon…[/color][/quote]

The game industry needs to invent new words for “soon” that correspond to rough blocks of time, but are vague enough to avoid alienating fans if (and when) a deadline is missed. “Soon” in days and “Soon” in months are not the same soon; and I never know which one it is!

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]> ‘when a story develops’
[color=#009900][/color][color=#009900]Actually, that’s for a separate, major, new feature, coming soon…[/color][/quote]

[color=#009900]We’ve now reached the beginning of ‘soon’ - see this thread. [/color]http://community.failbettergames.com/topic301-recalling-a-dream-of-other-places-spoilers.aspx