Civilizing LoN (Max SPOILERS!)

I’ve seen that one of the main issues with LoN is chaos. As such I’ve thought about how to make it more civil and ordered. Here are some of my suggestions.

Quite frankly I find the whole thing amusing since a couple of years ago, I’ve wrote a post on how to shut down the whole Liberation of Night and get rid of the Bazaar at the same time.

Be warned, max spoilers ahead.

1. Life must go on as usual
    The Less Entangled Professions must work extra hard to make life normal. This will require Gant ink, lots and lots of vats of Gant ink.

2. Security must be kept
    Licentiates and Monster-Hunters must be employed to take care of security problems. Both specialize in murdering in the dark and can take care of both human and monster incursions.

3. Religion must not be suppressed
    A bit controversial but I believe that one of the functions of religion is to comfort people during trying times. The God’s Editors must be kept supported at all cost and Crooked-Crosses must also encourage people with alternative beliefs.

4. Diplomacy
    Glassmen, Crooked-Crosses, and Midnighters must work with the forces associated with them such as Parabola, the Devils and the Surface to secure their alliance or at least, non-aggression. The Surface’s allegiance is more vital since we’ll need every brilliant human mind that we can get to get LoN done.

5. Bargain with the Bazaar
    We’ll need Correspondents to work with the Bazaar and a lot of copies of Crimson books. In exchange for its help, London will provide it with the stories that it need. What assistance could it offer? Well, we need to learn how to hop planets and seek Neath-like sanctuaries in case the Judgements found out about our plans. Let’s be honest, we can’t win against creatures that mess with Time itself.

6. Create an anti-Soul
    Humans are naturally part-Judgement chow by birth and I believe the Soul acts like a natural GPS. As such, we need to find a procedure to stain the soul with Neathy colors so much that it will make it extremely unpalatable and undetectable by the stars. Of course as a last resort, we can sell the Souls to the devils to get their allegiance, knowledge and technologies.

7. Food security should continue
    We need a way to rig irrigo (well indigo-like light works well IRL) to grow normal crops and cosmogene to grow fungal crops. As a last resort, we’ll have to invade and secure a part of Parabola just to raise food in the weird light of their world (This is an extremely bad idea IMO).

8. Pyro’s payment (BONUS)
    We’ll I just want him to earn a Revolutionary name (move over old February) for his actions in LoN. Also having the Mercies as his assistants won’t hurt either ;)

People like you let Napoleon become Emperor.

But I’ll still take fifty of these Ray-Drenched Souls.

[quote=TheThirdPolice]People like you let Napoleon become Emperor.

But I’ll still take fifty of these Ray-Drenched Souls.[/quote]

Now I’m imagining Pyro flanked by two Neddy Masters :P .

I really really like this plan, Pyro. I really do. Count me in!

Much better then most revolutionaries. I’m still trying to find more before I make up my mind, but that is a reality I can live with.

[quote=Pyrodinium]
4. Diplomacy
Glassmen, Crooked-Crosses, and Midnighters must work with the forces associated with them
[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote=Pyrodinium]
4. Diplomacy
Glassmen, Crooked-Crosses, and Midnighters must work with
[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote=Pyrodinium]
must work with
[/spoiler][/quote]

Sorry, your plan already failed.

Doesn’t the Bazaar die in the LoN destinies?

True but I think it doesn’t have to die given that its goals isn’t necessary against LoN. I also don’t want to pick a fight with it given that its descendant (I’m not sure if can be called a &quotgrand-kid&quot) can only be &quotpissed off&quot rather than killed. Fighting it would simply waste resources and manpower. Also, a certain coal related space bat might be persuaded to stay and help fight the good fight once we released it from its servitude ;) . Also

Passion Destiny made me sympathetic to that lovelorn space crab.

[quote=Tyrone][quote=Pyrodinium]
4. Diplomacy
Glassmen, Crooked-Crosses, and Midnighters must work with the forces associated with them
[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote=Pyrodinium]
4. Diplomacy
Glassmen, Crooked-Crosses, and Midnighters must work with
[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote=Pyrodinium]
must work with
[/spoiler][/quote]

Sorry, your plan already failed.[/quote]

I have great faith on our top-tier Londoners. What I’m asking is impossible but these guys are known to do the impossible.

[quote=Pyrodinium]
I have great faith on our top-tier Londoners. What I’m asking is impossible but these guys are known to do the impossible.[/quote]

Your faith is well-placed yet you forgot the bottom-tier anarchists they have to deal with.

[quote=Lisbella Peridot][quote=Pyrodinium]
I have great faith on our top-tier Londoners. What I’m asking is impossible but these guys are known to do the impossible.[/quote]

Your faith is well-placed yet you forgot the bottom-tier anarchists they have to deal with.[/quote]

That’s why we have the dangerous professions.

Apart from the first part of Point 6 and the one about your personal reward, all other suggestions have already been implemented and are part of the status quo. Life goes on, order is upheld (often with a stick), religion remains unsuppressed, the Brass Embassy recently celebrated an anniversary of the peace treaty between London and Hell, the Bazaar is all about bargains, souls are being sold to devils at a brisk pace and thanks to SMEN being in stasis, hunger is no longer a public threat.

In other words, your plan for civilizing the revolution is… &quotlet’s not have a revolution&quot. Very wise, very patriotic. I approve.

Suspicion is decreasing…
Connected: Revolutionaries is decreasing…

Granted, SMEN is in stasis but there was an option for staining souls in it. Do you think those stained souls might be the type you are looking for?

Trust me, those stains don’t come in beautiful eldritch colors.

Yes, but how do the stars feel about them?

[quote=Passionario]Apart from the first part of Point 6 and the one about your personal reward, all other suggestions have already been implemented and are part of the status quo. Life goes on, order is upheld (often with a stick), religion remains unsuppressed, the Brass Embassy recently celebrated an anniversary of the peace treaty between London and Hell, the Bazaar is all about bargains, souls are being sold to devils at a brisk pace and thanks to SMEN being in stasis, hunger is no longer a public threat.

In other words, your plan for civilizing the revolution is… &quotlet’s not have a revolution&quot. Very wise, very patriotic. I approve.

Suspicion is decreasing…
Connected: Revolutionaries is decreasing…[/quote]

Loudly speaks and throws a bottle of Morelways to a passing Constable

Of course, all is well in this beautiful city. May her glorious Majesty’s reign endure forever!

patiently waits until the Constable is out of earshot

I think the Revolution should be subtle enough to have its effects only felt by London’s powers that be. We can even make a show how Her Majesty and the Masters recognize the &quotParliament&quot as the new governing body in London in response to external threat (We can have Midnighters manufacture this &quotThreat&quot. This isn’t necessarily be Judgement related). The citizens will applaud, the revolution will make waves and life goes on with some slight illumination changes.

The problem with most IRL revolutions is that they tend to be slow and destructive. LoN must instead be a quick Coup d’état. we cannot afford to fight a war of attrition.

I do agree with Lisbella Peridot that the bottom-rung anarchists might cause most of the mischief but a little &quotguidance&quot from the Crooked-Crosses won’t hurt.

If the questionably Lawful Devils are repulsed by them then perhaps the extremely Lawful stars won’t be a fan of stained souls.

Pah. You would seek to replace the Judgments’ false, dictatorial authority with that of powerful humans? Humbug and nonsense. I say, let the chaos be and whatever should emerge from it will be justly true and truly just. That is our the only chance of Freedom.

This seems a good time to bring up a theory of mine (called the nbstar theory) I’ve been nursing on the IRC:

1. There are beings that exist between Judgements>Dragons>Bazaar
  2. There’s two sets of physics in the neath, as shown in the LoN destiny, the physics the Judgements enforce, and what’s beneath that
  3. the Neathbow’s effects also warp reality in the same way as the Judgement’s lights
  4. there are things we’ve dubbed nbstars that pump out some, if not all, of the neathbow

And nbstars stands for non-binary stars.

Also, cool thing about this is that the base components also work independently of each other.
I’ve got more text backing up: 2, 3, and 4, if anyone wants that.

[quote=Cecil ]This seems a good time to bring up a theory of mine (called the nbstar theory) I’ve been nursing on the IRC:

1. There are beings that exist between Judgements>Dragons>Bazaar
  2. There’s two sets of physics in the neath, as shown in the LoN destiny, the physics the Judgements enforce, and what’s beneath that
  3. the Neathbow’s effects also warp reality in the same way as the Judgement’s lights
  4. there are things we’ve dubbed nbstars that pump out some, if not all, of the neathbow

And nbstars stands for non-binary stars.

Also, cool thing about this is that the base components also work independently of each other.
I’ve got more text backing up: 2, 3, and 4, if anyone wants that.[/quote]

This is a nice theory. I always thought that the Judgements are simply one flavor of stars. There might be other flavors out there in the same way there IRL astronomical entities such as black holes that &quotviolate&quot IRL laws of physics.

The problem is, the revolutionaries want to plunge the entirety of the Neath into darkness and chaos. The destruction of the Bazaar is just the immediate goal.