Cider Club

[quote=dov]Congratulations!

Welcome to the club, Swinter.[/quote]

Have the appropriate rites been enacted?

My first post on these forums: A declaration of my intention to one day join these ranks.

Two questions for existing Cider bearers:

1. Is there anyone that definitely does or definitely does not want to give out sips (after receiving the 4 Echo option from The Neath’s Mysteries)? Kind folks an_ocelot and dov have recently given me sips (thanks again), wondering if anyone else wants to put themselves down as willing or unwilling. It looks like Nigel is open to it?
  2. Is there any benefit to building up the Taste of the Garden quality, rather than eagerly playing a card as soon as I draw it?

It’s very much in my character’s interest to be exploring this as much as possible now that he knows about it, so he wants sips from anyone willing to give him one.

Thanks and congrats to all of you. Someday. starry-eyed

[quote=Kelo Eswe]1. Is there anyone that definitely does or definitely does not want to give out sips (after receiving the 4 Echo option from The Neath’s Mysteries)? Kind folks an_ocelot and dov have recently given me sips (thanks again), wondering if anyone else wants to put themselves down as willing or unwilling. It looks like Nigel is open to it?[/quote]I’m open to multiple requests, if the social action used is a useful one. The Neath’s Mysteries is probably best, as it is mutually beneficial, even when taking into account the two actions needed (one to accept, and one more to send a sip).

(The most beneficial for me would be sending First City Coins, as that gives me 7.5 echoes with no action needed in order to accept! But this is the worst option for you, as this just costs you 7.5 echoes).

[quote=Kelo Eswe]2. Is there any benefit to building up the Taste of the Garden quality, rather than eagerly playing a card as soon as I draw it?[/quote]Not really. If you want to sample all of the Cider dream cards you’ll need multiple points of Taste of the Garden, but you don’t have to accumulate them. As long as you have one point of Taste of the Garden, the relevant Dream cards will be added to your deck.

Thank you for the offer and the info, and thank you to Nigel for sending a free sip my way and then sending another when I sent a Neath’s Mysteries prank in gratitude!

I actualy have a question to ask any and all Cider holders while we are here, and I apologise for any inpertinence or greed: I’m curious how often you lot get asked for a sip of Cider, and (Assuming you don’t much get asked) what would be good ettiquie if one wanted fairly regular sips. Not for myself I must add (Although I would not say no to such being really greedy and hedonistic) but I wanted to surprise one who I married with the odd sip now and again. I thought giving him a few tastes of immortality would be a nice present, and since I lack the Cider myself…

I also want to say thank you to everyone on this list who give out sips to everyone else either when asked or just freely to anyone. You do a good thing with your power, and I hope to one day return the favor to others. In fact I might make a thread on it…

[quote=Kylestien]I actualy have a question to ask any and all Cider holders while we are here, and I apologise for any inpertinence or greed: I’m curious how often you lot get asked for a sip of Cider, and (Assuming you don’t much get asked) what would be good ettiquie if one wanted fairly regular sips. [/quote]A few times a day at least–it comes and goes–and if people are sending a bunch of requests, then like I say in my post, a more mutually-profitable option is appropriate, but if you have no luck pulling cards, you can always just send a bunch of coffee requests and have them wait until I need Making Waves after Time the Healer comes.

I get a request every few days.

A couple of players have asked repeatedly for multiple sips, and were kind enough to do it via profitable actions (a strange sort of prank).

I only get asked for sips once every few weeks. Far fewer than ocelot, but I’ve not had it as long and ocelot made the handy little guide everyone follows.
I did, however, send a sip of Cider to everyone on my contact list. All 940 of them. I have way too many contacts from 5 years and 4 months of playing and I thought this would be the best way to see who is and is not still active in the game.

If someone wanted more, they’d just have to ask.

1 Like

That’s an interesting idea, Nigel!

I might follow your example on this (I seem to have 646 contacts, after cleaning up some deactivated ones).

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I only get asked for sips once every few weeks. Far fewer than ocelot, but I’ve not had it as long and ocelot made the handy little guide everyone follows.
I did, however, send a sip of Cider to everyone on my contact list. All 940 of them. I have way too many contacts from 5 years and 4 months of playing and I thought this would be the best way to see who is and is not still active in the game.

If someone wanted more, they’d just have to ask.[/quote]

Yes, thank you! I was curious why I had been so chosen.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I did, however, send a sip of Cider to everyone on my contact list. All 940 of them. I have way too many contacts from 5 years and 4 months of playing and I thought this would be the best way to see who is and is not still active in the game.[/quote]Wow!

I was having trouble managing my contact list so I ruthlessly purged EVERYONE off it and keep it that way–people come on for requests, and once their request is done I delete them, that way I can tell easily when people come back to the Fifth City and can receive their Cider sip or whatnot.

Given how often I’m requesting cider I imagine that this is quite a hassle for you.

nah, not at all–the contacts page is so much faster than it used to be it’s really very simple, and it’s my own anal-retentiveness after all, so it’s weirdly satisfying. you’re fine.

At this point, I would like to point out that there are 12 of us.
There used to be 13, but something happened to the other one…

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]At this point, I would like to point out that there are 12 of us.
There used to be 13, but something happened to the other one…[/quote]
That’s… ominously familiar.

Please mark an_ocelot as “(Retired)”, just so people don’t try to send me social actions? Thanks.

I hereby submit my application to the Cider Club.

Uhuuuuu, congratulations, Wiwoooo(w)! :D

Congratulations! It’s a long road to cider. I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Welcome, fellow immortal. May the boatsman forever be your enemy.