Changes to An Unsigned Letter

Yes, it does, but I rather foolishly hoped that 215 had become my new limit, i.e., I would be able to get back to that point by using normal actions. But nope, I still got, “Shadowy has not increased: this quality cannot currently increase past 200” mocking me ever since. I was just giving warning for anyone who might wonder the same thing.

Ah, thank you Lady Taimi. I would indeed have done that very thing without your warning.

So if I were to increase a stat to 215, each use of the Cave Of The Nadir would gradually erode that stat back down to 200, yes?

Yep. It’s best to wait until you’re done with the Cave of the Nadir before getting that boost if you want to keep it around for a good long while. I won’t say forever because there are other things that can lower your stats, but the Cave of the Nadir is the main drain on stats.

On my ‘very very long-term’ list - probably a.k.a. ‘Things NiteBrite will do first’ :) - is “get all 4 stats to 215 and see whether that does in fact unlock a Paramount Presence.” But it’s one heck of a grind.

I don’t think it’s possible to get more than one stat over 200.
You can only increase the stat you use chose when you advanced your Person of some Importance.

At some point you’ll be able to change your specialization, hopefully enabling you to raise multiple stats to 215 through quite a lot of effort. There’s no telling when we’ll be allowed to switch specializations, but it works as a very very long term goal.