Card Art

Ever had a fortuitous card draw? Not like getting a Haunted-looking Frog or a Crystal Flugelhorn on your first day - rather, drawing pieces of Fallen London’s marvellous art that fit together. Some of them appear to be details of a larger artwork; sometimes, you just get four devils in one hand, like you’re getting attacked by a mob of J J Feilds clones. Here are a couple of my favourites…

[b]I’m a horse! I love being a horse so much! Everyone come do the horse-dance with me!

The Conjoined Cutpurses have a job for you. (Unlocked with Shadowy 58.)

[/b]I’m sure I’ve got others saved somewhere. I might have already posted some of them - smack me about the chops if I have and have forgotten about it. Anyone else had something that made them giggle?

Not card art precisely, but I’ve been trying to find a halfway relevant opportunity to post this for months now:

Whenever I get the card “What will you do with your Bandaged Raven” I ALWAYS hum it to the tune of “Drunken Sailor”.

I do the same with the Bifurcated Owl, though it doesn’t fit the rhythm - but, then, I don’t think a Bifurcated Owl conforms to any pattern or method in nature.

I’d quite like to see the song that doesn’t get its scansion messed up by the inclusion of “Bifurcated Owl.”

“Five…bifurcated…ooowllllls…”

I just drew a spread of cards that featured the Bawdy Cardsharp staring quite bawdily at my Alluring Accomplice’s bare shoulder.

I recently had several cards at once with images of fire…seemed a bit ominous.
edited by KatarinaNavane on 1/11/2013

This can only be understood as a SMEN PSA
http://tinypic.com/r/2hztzzr/6

Four Sulky Bats
Three Unfinished Hats
Two Working Rats
and a Hound of Heaven in a Labyrinth?

I just got this: http://imm.io/T8Wa

It amuses me.

I got the four devils! Terrifying, isn’t it?

//I’m a horse! I love being a horse so much! Everyone come do the horse-dance with me!

//Whenever I get the card “What will you do with your Bandaged Raven” I ALWAYS hum it to the tune of “Drunken Sailor”.

I love you, people.

That spy seems very alarmed by these fine ladies…

Devils guarding money?

Mysteriously rubbery and at zee.

Pretty normal reaction when sitting between two Masters…

The Neathy Angels (including the Neath version of Bosley on the left) XD

Advertisement for the Miraculous Rubbery beauty treatment (including photo before and after the cure).

That’s one bugger of a hangover!

“Why, Mr. Fires. That certainly is a… fascinating candle you’ve made there. What’s that? Oh no, I couldn’t. You keep it, please.”
Nightmares is increasing…

[quote=Saharan]

“Why, Mr. Fires. That certainly is a… fascinating candle you’ve made there. What’s that? Oh no, I couldn’t. You keep it, please.”
Nightmares is increasing…[/quote]

Is it bad that I want this to become an actual card/storylet now? :P

[quote=Flipz][quote=Saharan]

Nightmares is increasing…[/quote]

Is it bad that I want this to become an actual card/storylet now? :P[/quote]

That could be fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr. Fires became important in future installments of SMEN. Considering.