Can You Get Rid of Lodgings

I apologize if this has been asked already, and even more so if I have created this thread in the wrong part of the forum–

I was just wondering if there was, is, or ever will be a way to get rid of some of your excess lodgings? I realize that lodgings cards are a significant source of scraps, but one of my characters is deathly afraid of spiders and would very much appreciate the opportunity to surrender their Key to a Cottage by the Observatory to someone else. I figured there ought to be a mechanic to get rid of some of your lodgings somewhere, considering Keys to a Handsome Townhouse come with a message warning you that if you sell your key, your salon and orphanage will go with it.

Apart from one option in the depths of Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name (which gets rid of ALL of your lodgings, and is only available if you have a Lease to Premises at the Bazaar), there is currently no way to get rid of lodgings.
edited by Barselaar on 8/28/2016

Not at present, though there occasionally a rumour that it may be possible one day.

Ah, that’s unfortunate. Well thank you for letting me know, both of you.

I mean, I’m going to, once I have enough seeking. the only question is- “should I wait for christmas?” The answer, I think, is “Yes.” Still, I’m going to get seeking ready in the meanwhile.

At the same time, there is a warning about selling your Handsome Townhouse when you choose one of the Affiliations. It was definitely planned at one point.

I think there may be an autofire event with a Salon/Orphanage but no Townhouse, in case anything happens, like with having a Letter From the Empress when not married.