Can someone help me become a more caring person?

Greetings! This is my first post here - outside of my adventures in London - and I was hoping someone could aid me in becoming more magnanimous? My long term goal, you see, is to become eloped with a particular rubbery individual and I don’t feel I could treat her (him?) with the love and respect he (she?) deserves until I’ve worked hard on my caring skills.

Anyone want to hand out some vague advice for a particularly depraved individual, such as myself?

There is a statu(t)e that states that there are fallen angels to be found at the very verge of death, yet such encounters are always dangerous at their very core even as they reward the selfless and the opportunistic.

Alternatively, those who subscribe to the Hippocratic oath, willing to offer a hand to their Acquaintances, will always find themselves looked upon as kind souls.

If Fate is going one’s way, returning a lost soul to its rightful vessel is also an excellent way of saving one’s own soul. Yet, such deals are not written in any of those infernal contracts-- morals cannot be quantified on paper. So, pass the paperwork on to somebody else.

I hope that was vague enough… I feel like a fortune cookie now. But if you’d like more literal hints:

[spoiler]
There is an opportunity card (I can’t remember how much A Name Writ in Blood you need) involving a verger at a graveyard who is in the path of a falling statue. If I’m not wrong, passing or failing the second Dangerous check will grant Magnanimous (not sure about the first check). The one where you push them out of the way.

Tending to another player’s Wounds will increase Magnanimous.

The Trade in Souls storyline is good for farming Magnanimous if you are a Shepherd (don’t know about Spirifers; my char is a Shepherd). There is an opportunity card that allows you to turn in souls and contracts (but I’ve only ever tried the option with souls AND contracts) to increase Magnanimous. I think this particular card even allows your Magnanimous to exceed 10![/spoiler]
edited by Sestina Valdis on 10/15/2015
edited by Sestina Valdis on 10/15/2015

[color=#009900]I am writing content, right now, which will make this easier.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]You won’t see it until December, though, I’m afraid.[/color]

Once you become a Person of sufficient Importance to captain your own ship, you can find many opportunities on your voyages to selflessly aid unfortunate zailors.

Sestina, for reference re: Soul Trade & Quirks

Being a Spirifer is an effective way to increase Heartless. (Which makes sense as Magnanimous/Heartless are diametrically opposed to one another.)

The CVR card does give a lot of Magnanimous. Mine’s currently 13, so I’m in fact now kind enough to go insane at will.

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]I am writing content, right now, which will make this easier.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]You won’t see it until December, though, I’m afraid.[/color][/quote]
Could this be the next update in the Connections switch to Favour & Renown?

Until December also sounds like the second part of Flint, but I wouldn’t think Alexis would throw a Fate-locked story out there as a solution.

Technically we’ll be seeing the second part of Flint in November, even if it is officially the December Exceptional Story.

Need to fix your karma ? Eh ?

1. Gift of admiration: Spoil someone with ungodly amounts of second chances. (up to 10)
  2. Gift of jewels: pretty much like the previous one (up to 10)
  3. A day out in your clay sedan chair opportunity card (posi item): treat the caly men you’ve hired well (up to 5)
  4. Nurse a friend back to health: souds obvious enough, isn’t it ? (up to 5)
  5. Emancipate a clay man (ladybones, clay quarter): trade your strong-backed labours for good deed and other minor rewards (up to 10)

Now go, my child, and sin no more.
edited by Andrew Astherson on 10/16/2015

Nope! That one only increase Steadfast.

[color=#009900]I would, did, and am.[/color] :)

[quote=Andrew Astherson]
5) Emancipate a clay man (ladybones, clay quarter): trade your strong-backed labours for good deed and other minor rewards (up to 10)
[/quote]

If/once you’re a PoSI, this is probably your best bet, as Strong-Backed Labour can be bought karma-free from the Bazaar Sidestreets* and liberating them is both static and repeatable.

• Do not hire Strong-Backed Labour directly from the Clay Quarter, as this lowers Magnanimous and raises Ruthless.
    edited by MrUnderhill89 on 10/17/2015

I wonder if there will be a way to break 15, or if that will come in handy because currently i am very Magnanimous and Steadfast.

I wonder if there will be a way to break 15, or if that will come in handy because currently i am very Magnanimous and Steadfast.[/quote]

My guess is that 15 is going to be the highest we’ll be able to hit in current content for any quirk. Why raise the cap any higher? I’m guessing that Alexis is writing some storylines that, for a few fate, will give a boost to quirks up to 15, similar to the Iron Republic content. If that’s the case, I’d anticipate them being repeatable, but you’d have to pay fate for each time you play through them.