Can Fluke Cores be acquired in Flute Street?

Hi,

I’d like to acquire a Fluke Core. Do I have to grind those in the Nadir or can I gain them in Flute street somehow?

As far as I know, a Fluke Core can only be acquired (at great cost) in the Nadir.

Nadir only.

I’ve been waiting for that nadir card for a month now, with diaries stockpiled and ready to go. It never shows up though.

Okay. Thanks for letting me know about the Nadir.

Hmm, now that I have a Fluke-Core, it appears I cannot gain another since it locks out the Nadir card.

I wish I had collected another Fecund Amber to complete my rubbery collection. Now I can’t get one either.

Same. I’m sure there will be another source at some point, however.

I was going to create a new thread, but here seemed a better place to ask my question:

Does the Fluke Core have any use? I’ve been thinking of acquiring one to help thin out my Nadir deck ever so slightly, but 1500+ Echoes seems a huge expense for an item which doesn’t appear to have any function besides being decoration on ones profile.

That and fleshing out your rubbery category!

[quote=empirimancer]Hmm, now that I have a Fluke-Core, it appears I cannot gain another since it locks out the Nadir card.

I wish I had collected another Fecund Amber to complete my rubbery collection. Now I can’t get one either.[/quote]

You can actually sell the Amber for exactly the same amount that you spent on Diaries of the Dead in the first place, and then repeat the process with an extra five books to get both your Fluke-Core and extra Fecund Amber.

[quote=Kittenpox]I was going to create a new thread, but here seemed a better place to ask my question:

Does the Fluke Core have any use? I’ve been thinking of acquiring one to help thin out my Nadir deck ever so slightly, but 1500+ Echoes seems a huge expense for an item which doesn’t appear to have any function besides being decoration on ones profile.[/quote]
It sells for the exact amount you paid for it, which is nice.

Do Fluke-Cores sell for 1562.50? The wiki lists them as selling for 1560.00, which is actually 2.50 less than the cost of the Diaries of the Dead you have to buy to make one. (Not to mention the cost of actions to convert them, and Irrigo.)

Do Fluke-Cores sell for 1562.50? The wiki lists them as selling for 1560.00, which is actually 2.50 less than the cost of the Diaries of the Dead you have to buy to make one. (Not to mention the cost of actions to convert them, and Irrigo.)[/quote]

oh… opps. i stand corrected. It’s still something you can hold onto for a while, and when you’re desperately in need of funds sell, though. Once you can go a month or so without selling it, it’s very worth buying. More-so if you’re only using the card when your hand is full of dud cards, since then you only’d get 2.5 echoes with that for the same point irrigo- and how they came to that place is 1 point irrigo, not 2.

combined with keeping nightmares below 2 on entry, you can prune the nadir deck down to 16 cards, which with 2 or 3 consistently worthwhile ones, is amazingly good. Another 4 in the dead-zone that is your hand with christmas’ 5-card lodgings, and there, 1/6 or 1/4 of getting the good cards. (where did the rosers go is of dubious value, imo. but hey, at the worst it’s a free discard on second chance failure, at least for more uses than the irrigo penalty is worth.)
edited by Grenem on 12/9/2015

[quote=Grenem]oh… opps. i stand corrected. It’s still something you can hold onto for a while, and when you’re desperately in need of funds sell, though. Once you can go a month or so without selling it, it’s very worth buying. More-so if you’re only using the card when your hand is full of dud cards, since then you only’d get 2.5 echoes with that for the same point irrigo- and how they came to that place is 1 point irrigo, not 2.

combined with keeping nightmares below 2 on entry, you can prune the nadir deck down to 16 cards, which with 2 or 3 consistently worthwhile ones, is amazingly good. Another 4 in the dead-zone that is your hand with christmas’ 5-card lodgings, and there, 1/6 or 1/4 of getting the good cards. (where did the rosers go is of dubious value, imo. but hey, at the worst it’s a free discard on second chance failure, at least for more uses than the irrigo penalty is worth.)[/quote]

It’s an idea, and maybe I’ll take it up a bit later. But for the moment I have 401144 Nevercold brass, so that first suggestion is nice but not currently necessary for me.
I’ll have to do more of the math on Nadir deck-thinning, but as I wasn’t familiar with the Nightmares < 2 thing (and I do have a reliable way to reduce Nightmares), thankyou for the tip! :-D

[quote=Kittenpox]

It’s an idea, and maybe I’ll take it up a bit later. But for the moment I have 401144 Nevercold brass, so that first suggestion is nice but not currently necessary for me.
I’ll have to do more of the math on Nadir deck-thinning, but as I wasn’t familiar with the Nightmares < 2 thing (and I do have a reliable way to reduce Nightmares), thankyou for the tip! :-D[/quote]

No- My point was if you aren’t using your money it’s a good place to put it, since it actually gives returns that way- not the inverse. (also that it’s worth gathering passively on dud hands, even if you don’t go out of your way to get it.)
edited by Grenem on 12/10/2015

[quote=the truthseeker][quote=Grenem][quote=Kittenpox]

I’ll have to do more of the math on Nadir deck-thinning, but as I wasn’t familiar with the Nightmares < 2 thing (and I do have a reliable way to reduce Nightmares), thankyou for the tip! :-D[/quote]

No- My point was if you aren’t using your money it’s a good place to put it, since it actually gives returns that way- not the inverse. (also that it’s worth gathering passively on dud hands, even if you don’t go out of your way to get it.)
edited by Grenem on 12/10/2015[/quote]
The question remains if it’s worth spending that amount and keeping it (besides the collection aspect of it all) to eventually lessen your deck and draw more in the Nadir? Honestly I haven’t drawn that card in over six weeks so it’s more of an &quotend game grinding&quot thing for me.

And if you find the item anywhere else, it is truly a Fluke, or a future exceptional story.

[li][/quote]
Fair enough. I did it slowly, but then, I don’t think of end game grinding at all. I found expeditions fun, so i did them. I continued to find them fun, and have nothing better to do, so i did more. eventually, i began to approach overgoat, with no active grinding. Still, i’m bad at the line between &quotcan have 400 echoes in nevercold brass&quot and &quothas enough disposable cash they don’t need to be thrifty, so long as they don’t desire an overgoat/ubergoat.&quot And if you’re in the second camp, it’s unquestionably worth it.
[/li]

That’s 4,000 echoes in brass, not 400. Unless an Overgoat is top priority, I think it’s pretty easy to keep 5 or 10 Diaries of the Dead on hand and buy more every few weeks when the card turns up.

^ Yup. I did some saving. :3 (That’s not a bad idea actually - I’ll give it a shot.)
I don’t really know what the benefits of having an Overgoat are, so I’ve never bothered with it. It seems popular, though.

Thankyou for the feedback on my question(s), folks. It’s been helpful. ^_^
edited by Kittenpox on 12/10/2015

Overgoat is a +20 Watchful, +2 BDR pet which can be very useful; Ubergoats are +30 Watchful, +4 BDR. So both are good for SotC at the University and also Notability.

Goats are adorable as well.

Edited for correct BDR for the Overgoat
edited by reveurciel on 12/10/2015

[quote=lady ciel ]Overgoat is a +20 Watchful, +4 BDR pet which can be very useful; Ubergoats are +30 Watchful, +4 BDR. So both are good for SotC at the University and also Notability.

Goats are adorable as well.[/quote]
Nitpicking, sorry, but Overgoats are +2 BDR, which is why only the Ubergoat and Bifurcated Owl tie at 4 BDR in the companion slot.