By the River's Side: The Docks Card

So I’ve been playing Fallen London for a couple of months now and I recently boosted my connected docks to 25 so that I could get employed as a ratcatcher the next time I found the By the River’s Side: The Docks opportunity card. Only problem is I’ve been looking for the card for a week now and it hasn’t come up.

According to other sources, there’s no location prereq and the card should occur with standard frequency, but I still haven’t found it, even when I continuously check cards in Wolfstack Docks themselves. Does anyone know if there’s some required stat or something for getting the card?

The RNG is fickle and cruel. You have incurred it’s wrath. Maybe it took exception to something you did. More likely it just likes watching you squirm. To placate it I would start with basic chanting and praying. If that doesn’t work try presenting offerings of food or small animals.

No, just plain old bad luck, it will eventually come up.

A week is really long, you’re being exceptionally unlucky. If you lose patience, there’s a way to spend Fate to draw a Connected card of your choice. Look in your lodgings, unter Write Letters.

You don’t need to be in Wolfstack to draw that one, and I don’t know of any prerequisites for any of the faction cards (not to be confused with the conflict cards).
Keep on card-flipping - it will definitely show up sooner or later. :-)

Erg, well that’s frustrating, but at least I know that there’s nothing specific I’m doing wrong. Thank you everyone!

One of the things I’d recommend doing if you’re after a specific card, is to keep your hand mostly full.
Rather than discarding every card you don’t need, keep them in your hand so that you can’t possibly draw them again. It’ll reduce the possible pool of cards for each draw - not by much, but while a card is sitting in your hand this will prevent you from drawing that same card over and over, which should help tip the odds in your favour that little bit. :-)

[quote=Kittenpox]One of the things I’d recommend doing if you’re after a specific card, is to keep your hand mostly full.
Rather than discarding every card you don’t need, keep them in your hand so that you can’t possibly draw them again. It’ll reduce the possible pool of cards for each draw - not by much, but while a card is sitting in your hand this will prevent you from drawing that same card over and over, which should help tip the odds in your favour that little bit. :-)[/quote]
To build from this, if you have no use for visitors at hallowmas, that one seems particularly common. i think it’s set to frequent rather than normal frequency- a non-insubstantial difference.