Buy one get one free on select blends of Coffee!

[quote=djcrashoverride]Also, how does one collect coffee?[/quote]If I’m remembering correctly, there’s a rare success on the Caligula’s Coffee House card that lets you keep a cup of the special stuff.

[li]

[quote=Saharan][quote=djcrashoverride]Also, how does one collect coffee?[/quote]If I’m remembering correctly, there’s a rare success on the Caligula’s Coffee House card that lets you keep a cup of the special stuff.

[li][/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]It’s rare indeed. I’ve only seen the card about 4 or 5 times in the last year and haven’t had a rare success.

[/li]

[quote=djcrashoverride]Can you put it up on your profile so we can see it?

Also, how does one collect coffee?
edited by djcrashoverride on 7/21/2013[/quote]
Huh, it is on my Mantelpiece, has been for ages. You don’t see it?

Mostly just not drinking it when you get it from a special event, as coffee is very rare indeed.

[quote=Fhoenix][quote=djcrashoverride]Can you put it up on your profile so we can see it?

Also, how does one collect coffee?
edited by djcrashoverride on 7/21/2013[/quote]
Huh, it is on my Mantelpiece, has been for ages. You don’t see it?

Mostly just not drinking it when you get it from a special event, as coffee is very rare indeed.[/quote]

[li]
Was referring to the secretary, not the coffee. And it’s all good now. I see the secretary is on the wiki.

guess who’s back
if you guessed “march, the coffee man” you are indeed correct! Congratulate.

[color=#009900]And a public service announcement: last week was a test run. This time he’s here for 24 hours.[/color][li]

Hrm. Tried to log in for my ‘free’ cup of coffee, and instead received an error (and no coffee). Disappointing.

Code worked for me, actually took me all the way up to twelve. I’ve tried the bundles a few times now, but no luck on a secretary. Then I ran out of nex, and Mr. Coffee will be gone before payday.

Thanks for the coffee - I’m sure I will find a use for it someday. Pity one Darkdrop isn’t enough to see what March is offering.

What I want to know is, why “Talleyrand”?

Bah, I only have the one cup and can’t really afford to get enough for the prize. I’d be sorely tempted if the Secretary wasn’t so random. The things I do for my Neathy pet collection…

Will there be a way to obtain one that doesn’t involve coffee and limited time in the future?
edited by MidnightVoyager on 7/30/2013

Damnation, why am i always in Polythreme at the wrong time!

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]What I want to know is, why &quotTalleyrand&quot?[/quote][quote=Charles Maurice de Talleyrand*]Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love.[/quote]Edit: on reflection, I do not trust this March. The drink of the Working Man is tea.** Lethean Tea is by its nature unsuitable for regular consumption, and it seems to me that a true man of the people would import a more wholesome variety as a matter of some urgency.

Dimly remembered hot-beverage-history: some temperance campaigners regarded tea drinking as a major vice of the working class, because many spent a large portion of their income on it. Also, coffeehouses were very popular in the 17th and early 18th centuries; one explanation that has been offered for their decline is that the public had an engrained expectation that a cup would cost a penny, so that inflation forced coffeehouses to to cut more and more corners, until their offerings became undrinkably vile…

• Allegedly.
    ** When the Working Man needs must be sober; otherwise, I concede, he is partial to gin.
    edited by Flyte on 7/30/2013

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]What I want to know is, why &quotTalleyrand&quot?[/quote]I rather like Flyte’s quote. My guess is altogether different but also complementary:
Talleyrand is an offstage but influential character near the end of The Surgeon’s Mate, one of the 20 books in the Aubrey-Maturin series of seafaring novels by Patrick O’Brian.

The Aubrey–Maturin series is a sequence of nautical historical novels — 20 completed and one unfinished — by Patrick O’Brian, set during the Napoleonic Wars and centering on the friendship between Captain Jack Aubrey of the Royal Navy and his ship’s surgeon Stephen Maturin, a physician, natural philosopher, and secret agent. The first novel, Master and Commander, was published in 1969 and the last finished novel in 1999.

The Surgeon’s Mate is only remarkable here because it’s the seventh novel in the series, and you should all know of FL’s obsession with the number 7. Besides, the Bazaar has been echoing tidbits about the Surgeon’s Child and the Cladery Heart for the past week.[spoiler]&quotThe Surgeon’s Child he swam alone, across the wide black zees. The Surgeon’s Child he came unknown to old charred sovereignties…&quot

The Surgeon’s Child. He’d chosen the roof-top life, and we left him untouched, as we always do. We knew we would regret it, but fair’s fair.

The Surgeon’s Child. How could he know the Cladery Heart was ours? How could we know what we had done to sever it? Poor Heart. Poor boy.

The journey home was easier for the Surgeon’s Child. He lay atop the Heart as its fibrils pulsed it home. Smiled at the quiet false-stars.

The journey was harder for the Heart. The waters had changed. The Neath was colder. Mt Nomad roamed here, roamed there. Years were gone.

Cladery Heart! We heard your beat approach. You were a part of us, but not our best. We had banished you away to keep the lacre clean.

Cladery Heart! The stories always end when we devour some unfortunate. We are rarely hungry. But we know our duties.

Cladery Heart! The Surgeon’s Child. We understand orphans. Must we devour him too? … well, a toothsome fragment he is.[/spoiler]Additionally, Alexis has said &quotIs @EchoBazaar talking about a unique, backer-only ship? Or is it just spouting crazy like a whale with an overactive blowhole?&quot

So, fellows, too far-fetched? …Or not far enough? :P

Honestly, I prefer Flyte’s quote as an explanation.

Astute as always, Zeedee

Okay, 'cause in my head, I tell myself “…Contrived as always, Zeedee!”

I read about the Secretary here, and I was curious. I had bought a full 130 to get coffees and reup my exceptional status, so I just decided to get all the coffees I could.

Took about 20 minutes or so, but after five rounds of having < 11 coffees, I got a bag with purple fungus in it. Turns out it was a secretary, and I still have 110 actions (in the form of coffee) to have around (that’s after using about 8 to get actions necessary to the soul trade).

Don’t know if that was lucky or not, but now all I get is Street Signs. It seemed to me there was a progression of a sort, signs, correspondence, proscribed materials, scream, then the secretary.

IDK

I received Compromising Documents, then Dubious Testimony, then Cryptic Clues, then Compromising Documents again, so it probably really is just random.[li]

ETA: The Compromising Documents and the Dubious Testimony were from the first round of this. This round, in five attempts I got;
Cryptic Clues
Compromising Documents
4 London Street Signs and 1 Proscribed Material
6 London Street Signs and 1 Proscribed Material
18 Correspondence Plaques

I’ve given up for now.
edited by Flidget on 7/31/2013

I got two compromising documents, some wine, and some wax. Then I ran out of Nex

This is semi-off topic, but to continue the speculation about the access codes, the new one to promote Sunless Sea is &quotthegateandthekey.&quot I know who the Key and the Gate is, at least.[li]