Buy one get one free on select blends of Coffee!

There is a new blue storylet about march of the calender council trading coffee, you can either buy 2 for 10 fate or exchange 11~12 for something . Has anyone exchanged their coffee for the something?
edited by Waffles54 on 7/19/2013

I note that the text on that option says “will exchange one cup …”, not 12 … (and the fate option says “will purchase two cups”, wo when I have 2 darkrop coffee, I have two cups, which is more than one)

I would a thousand percent like to know what March is trading for coffee.

I like surprising unexpected things! But I only have six coffees and I ran out of Fate, rip.

No fate; no Darkdrop coffee. Oh well these things happen.

I would love to know what this is all about though. The Calendar Council seems to be getting more active recently.

[li]That option does only cost one cup even though it requires twelve- March robs from the coffee-rich and gives to the coffee-poor, apparently.

I’m not a lore nut, but from a game mechanics perspective it’s something like the Unpredictable Treasures you get at the end of an Expedition: a random reward of varying monetary value, with unique text for each possibility. But it’s not the same pool, so the text for the different options is (as far as I know) all new. (I didn’t see any new items personally, but my sample size is tiny.)

I spent two Coffee’s, and on the first got some Muscaria Brandy, and for the second got 5 collected research

You receive a bundle of oddities - the contents of which seem to be random and somewhat trifling, though of course as ever the real value that comes with them is the text.

I apologise for not recording the contents of my first, here’s my second;

[spoiler]Eyewitness reports

&quotIt looks like you’ve happened on a consulting detective’s trove of evidence: mostly about smuggling and riverside murders. Scribbled notes in the margins read: &quotLeadbeater & Stainrod w/Drwnies??&quot, &quotblack song notation&quot and &quotfluke lumps.&quot

With this I received 15 pieces of Dubious Testimony.[/spoiler]

ETA: My first attempt netted me 7 Compromising Documents and some typical revolutionary nonsense about the Pains of the Rich being the Salves of the Non-Rich or some other foolishness.

[li][/li][li]
edited by Flidget on 7/19/2013[/li][li]
edited by Flidget on 7/19/2013

March has marched on now + you can’t buy coffee from him any more. oh well

Aww, it’s over already? i recorded mine to the http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Opening_a_Bundle_of_Oddities . Also, I’ll record your message for greater good, Flidget.

I have the feeling that this is all a subtle hint that we’re about to get a time-sensitive event similar to the one that ended the last Feast of the Exceptional Rose.[li]

(Of course, I may be thinking this because I’m now completely paranoid about being caught out by a time-sensitive event and not having enough actions to appreciate it, which may explain why when given the chance I bought enough coffee bags to brick in a door.)

+1 for Paranoid Player

I caught the tail end of March’s promenade and purchased 2 baggies from him. I also wanted to hear what the chap would say, of course.

Part of me suspects this is just Alexis’ little experiment on player psychology, but gosh, I’d loathe to miss a major timed event.

For what it’s worth, the Bundles of Oddities that March was giving out for coffee have replaced the old random-rewards system on some storylets (e.g. the decoy Casing option in the Flit, robbing drunk wretches in Spite).
(although i just keep getting the Primordial Shrieks one, which is kind of garbage)
edited by Spacemarine9 on 7/19/2013

Bah, dangit. I was still on my way zailing back to London.

Apparently, this was a limited opportunity to get a Blemmigan Secretary.

Was there really any possible way of doing this naturally? I don’t know anyone who compulsively hoards coffee, and it’s not a thing you can just get easily.

Or perhaps it will be gettable through the other BUndles of Oddities. If so, I know what I’m doing…
edited by MidnightVoyager on 7/19/2013

It’s probably not from the currently available Bundles of Oddities, but maybe future options will provide sufficiently high quality bundles.

Caligula’s Coffee House difficulty has notably increased, maybe there’s a reason for the change.
P.S.: I don’t know the results because with a persuasive of 103 I’ve failed (had around 31% chance of success).
edited by serguma on 7/20/2013

[quote=serguma]Caligula’s Coffee House difficulty has notably increased, maybe there’s a reason for the change.
P.S.: I don’t know the results because with a persuasive of 103 I’ve failed (had around 31% chance of success).
edited by serguma on 7/20/2013[/quote]
Sounds like difficulty = 200 then.[li]

[quote=MidnightVoyager]Apparently, this was a limited opportunity to get a Blemmigan Secretary.

Was there really any possible way of doing this naturally? I don’t know anyone who compulsively hoards coffee, and it’s not a thing you can just get easily.

Or perhaps it will be gettable through the other BUndles of Oddities. If so, I know what I’m doing…
edited by MidnightVoyager on 7/19/2013[/quote]
I collect cofee. But, naturally, as a hoarder I did not spend any) That Secretary looks nice. Useless stat wise, but nice.

Can you put it up on your profile so we can see it?

Also, how does one collect coffee?
edited by djcrashoverride on 7/21/2013