Broken Toys and Big Rats

Is there any way to advance the playing with Broken Toys story if you sided with the Big Rat? Whenever I use the second option in the Devices and Desires card, I only get inklings of identity. (I have playing with Broken Toys 9)

Probably not. According to the wiki, at “Playing with Broken Toys 9” you need an Albino Rat to continue… if you had one you’d see an option called “Go back to the Albino Rat”. That would take your Playing with Broken Toys quality up to 10.

There appear to be multiple options at each stage of that story, depending on your progress in the Big Rat storyline. I haven’t done it yet, and have an option at Playing With Broken Toys 9 that requires 0 Albino Rats and Seeking The Meaning of the Plaster Face 19 or less. I’d open a bug report to see if it’s intended that the option you’ve got doesn’t advance the story. (Though apparently 10 is the content boundary)

[quote=Aspeon]
There appear to be multiple options at each stage of that story, depending on your progress in the Big Rat storyline. I haven’t done it yet, and have an option at Playing With Broken Toys 9 that requires 0 Albino Rats and Seeking The Meaning of the Plaster Face 19 or less. I’d open a bug report to see if it’s intended that the option you’ve got doesn’t advance the story. (Though apparently 10 is the content boundary)[/quote]
What’s the name of that option? It has yet to find its way to the wikis apparently…

The option is “The Albino Rat” and the sub text is
“Perhaps you’ve heard of her?”
I am trying to get my Broken Toys up to 15 so that I can play that option now.

[quote=KatarinaNavane]The option is “The Albino Rat” and the sub text is “Perhaps you’ve heard of her?”
I am trying to get my Broken Toys up to 15 so that I can play that option now.[/quote]
Indeed, that one seems to be new. Good news for eggbertsteve, then!

[quote=Wieland Burandt][quote=KatarinaNavane]The option is “The Albino Rat” and the sub text is “Perhaps you’ve heard of her?”
I am trying to get my Broken Toys up to 15 so that I can play that option now.[/quote]
Indeed, that one seems to be new. Good news for eggbertsteve, then![/quote]

Although playing that option did not gain me the albino rat, and in fact did next to nothing of interest… It didn’t say that I had failed or been unlucky either, oddly, though perhaps I was.

I appear to be stuck with regard to the Big Rat story, but figure that I may as well check: my ‘Having rodentine minions investigate’ is 10, so that all of the options on the lodging storylet are available; but I have not received any way to increase ‘Serenity of the Plaster Face’ in several months, so that they’re all very low likelihood. What locks these out? I might be willing to investigate Oblivion, or at least the talkative rat…

Ewan, visit the Flit =)

[li]
OK, and? :-/ Nothing there relates - even w/ talkative rat in place.

Oh, sorry, I completely missed the point + thought you said Seeking the meaning of the plaster face 10…
There is no card to increase serenity. You can offer beeswax on the storylet you have to increase it, but just attempting the finishing storylet with talkatives is much better, since a failure gives serenity as well as killing your rat.
Because talkatives are awesome, I don’t see much reason to get your rodentine minions quality any higher than 5, tbh.
edited by Aximillio on 8/12/2013

Ah!

Thanks, Aximillio - that really helped.[li]
edited by Ewan C. on 8/13/2013

I didn’t get the conclusion of the discussion of the topic of this thread… :) at the end is it possible to advance in the broken toys storyline if one spares the life of the Big Rat or not?

On something that can be related or maybe not, some time ago I got “Caught in the gear’s teeth 1 - out to kill”, but nothing anymore. What is that? does this story continue?

It’s actually not possible to advance in the story, Big Rat or no Big Rat, because it’s an unfinished story. Those who oppose the Big Rat and ally themselves with the Albino Rat get one more step, but it’s a very minor one and really just leads to the same content boundary. Sooner or later, the rest of the story will be written, and presumably, we’ll all be able to complete it, whatever we did about the Big Rat!