Bringing in new players

What’s the most beneficial way to invite a friend and how is this accomplished? I feel kinda dumb aking how to invite people, by hey, Fallen London can be a little bit obtuse at times.[li]

“Hi, there’s this game I think you’ll like…” might work

[li]
Hilarious. I mean from in game. The game makes it clear that you can get bonuses this way. Do bonuses differ at all? If so, how do you get the most benefit and where do you send the invite from?

The rewards for inviting friends from the Surface are so small that few people seem to have bothered to catalogue them in the wikia. They’re really only worth the attention if you intend to start sending many, many invites and collect the rewards from sending them rather than for having the invites accepted. As such, you can just start sending invites and see what you get, or check the wikia.

There are several pinned storylets at your lodgings that start with “Invite a friend…” - look towards the bottom of the page. Within those you will find ways to bring in other players. Several opportunity cards also have invitation options.

There are also options under Literary Ambitions in Veilgarden or Snaffle Couriered Messages under The Alleys of Spite. I don’t know what the rewards are though.

I’d just go with whatever option struck your fancy.

Fair warning, they have also NEVER worked for me. I only tried recently, and they all crash in various ways, sending me to the &quotrefresh and all will be well&quot page. I tried to do it via e-mail and that didn’t work either. It sent the e-mail alright, but the code that my friend was given? Crashed them in the same way.

Fair warning, they have also NEVER worked for me. I only tried recently, and they all crash in various ways, sending me to the &quotrefresh and all will be well&quot page. I tried to do it via e-mail and that didn’t work either. It sent the e-mail alright, but the code that my friend was given? Crashed them in the same way.[/quote]

did you report as a bug?

Fair warning, they have also NEVER worked for me. I only tried recently, and they all crash in various ways, sending me to the &quotrefresh and all will be well&quot page. I tried to do it via e-mail and that didn’t work either. It sent the e-mail alright, but the code that my friend was given? Crashed them in the same way.[/quote]

did you report as a bug?[/quote]

I reported it for the one I used at the time, which was the Overgoat. I never got a response, and they just removed the option from the Overgoat. Wasn’t the most encouraging result.
edited by MidnightVoyager on 1/23/2014

Thanks all! much appreciated!