Bribe me!

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum]
That’s obviously not her long-term approach, even if it is foolish as it is.
The DTC wants to have the honey supply in the city completely drained, and this is pretty much the fastest (if not most economical, or wise) way to do that, it’s safe to say that she’ll eventually start tackling the suppliers if not the addicts.[/quote]

In my experience (though I admit that it’s not much), a clumsy first step in something as complex as a government campaign is a bad omen. The more one puts off the necessary long-term planning, the harder it’ll be when short-term solutions start failing. DTC may be making plans to take on the suppliers, but men and women who make their living with unpopular trades are nothing but wily and defensive. If she continues this sort of brute force tactics with them, they’ll eventually plot circles around her, and while I won’t say that the potential for her to succeed isn’t there, I haven’t seen enough proof of it.

A fair concern. However, as dangerous as she is, she is a valuable asset to the Constabulary. Influence is protection, and while the Constables aren’t the most upright sort, some will rally around her simply out of familiarity or respect. Additionally, to answer an earlier concern of yours, some of the less legal folk of Fallen London might actually support some reform. An honest constabulary is one that won’t beat those that it arrests.

[quote=Yarrunmace][quote=Infinity Simulacrum]
That’s obviously not her long-term approach, even if it is foolish as it is.
The DTC wants to have the honey supply in the city completely drained, and this is pretty much the fastest (if not most economical, or wise) way to do that, it’s safe to say that she’ll eventually start tackling the suppliers if not the addicts.[/quote]

In my experience (though I admit that it’s not much), a clumsy first step in something as complex as a government campaign is a bad omen. The more one puts off the necessary long-term planning, the harder it’ll be when short-term solutions start failing. DTC may be making plans to take on the suppliers, but men and women who make their living with unpopular trades are nothing but wily and defensive. If she continues this sort of brute force tactics with them, they’ll eventually plot circles around her, and while I won’t say that the potential for her to succeed isn’t there, I haven’t seen enough proof of it.
[/quote]

A valid concern, but the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner has been noted to be quite intelligent on several occassions so I like to assume that this is merely her hold-out plan until she becomes an actual mayor. It makes sense since there’s really no official sanctions she can put on the honey trade until she gets any official authority.

Don’t mistake my idealism for naiveté, though, I am completely convinced that the Honey-Well is a terrible idea that will in no way work out for the DTC’s platform.