Beta: Thoughts and small issues

Just started playing the beta the other day and wanted to be an actual contributing member of the beta ppls so here’s what I’ve come across in no particular order. (Apologies if any of this has already been addressed)[li]

-the ‘naturalist’ (ability?) has an html error and appears as <strong>naturalist</strong.> (period not withstanding added that so html wouldn’t work in this post)

• when I examine my hold many items scroll off of the ‘book’ screen to the right effectively being only half seen (this happens with a few storylets as well)

• the cursor covers up the beginning of any text that appears when you hover over something

• the light toggle button doesn’t seem to work and I’m forced to toggle lights using the L key.

• An odd thing I noticed after choosing a ‘lover’ (the whole locket thing) when I carouse later in wolfstack I lose 2 terror by spending the night with them but 5 terror for spending the night with a stranger. So I’m essentially awarded for being unfaithful. Just wanted to point this out as it amuses me.

• can’t get a port report from port Cecil. The option simply doesn’t exist.

• when terror reaches 50% or more my crew members start to ‘go mad’ alarmingly frequently.

That’s all that I have for now (or at least that I can remember at the moment) so hopefully it’s somewhat helpful! I’m really enjoying what the game has in store so far! :D So looking forward to it’s completion.

I’m afraid I ought to turn you off pal: as far as I understand that’s a feature which they’re not gonna “fix” anytime soon.

Other than that, don’t be worried about addressing bugs and the like, since our patient Fail Betterers haven’t been complaining yet. Quite the contrary, I may add (I’m quite sure your feedback and reports aren’t ever going to waste).

Now, if you want be fancy and professional, subjective feedback of the game has been also praised (here and here are good places to make sure it’s delivered, but anywhere on this forum is just as appropriate).
If you find any other bugs or issues, you can mail them directly (and singularly, I’m told) at
SUNLESSSEA@FAILBETTERGAMES.COM
so they have them all neatly delivered and organized. Who could blame them?

[quote=Xaphedo]
I’m afraid I ought to turn you off pal: as far as I understand that’s a feature which they’re not gonna &quotfix&quot anytime soon.[/quote]

Please do not turn off our non-human forum posters. Cyborgs have rights too.

As for turning on or off our human posters - goodness me! Take it to a private room. ;-)

General comment to all players/posters: don’t worry about repeating feedback or bugs, frequency of issue arising will in itself be useful to the devs, and we haven’t really got a neat system for discussing bugs/feedback. Perhaps such a thing might become more useful as newer builds come out, so devs/testers are aware they’re playing the latest build, and so on.

As for likes/dislikes - declare away - worst case you’ll make FB cackle with glee at your suffering, which is nice. Best case, they’ll take them on board and might make changes. Some kind of case, not sure where to rank it in the scale from worst to bestest: you’ll play more and grow to love things. Maybe.

There is a thread here: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic8259-tips-and-tricks-thread-zucceeding-on-the-zee.aspx which may help people learn to deal with the various menaces. And obviously things will be tweaked in later builds. Some things. (THINGS!)

[quote=babelfishwars]Please do not turn off our non-human forum posters. Cyborgs have rights too.

As for turning on or off our human posters - goodness me! Take it to a private room. ;-)[/quote]
Ahrg! English! Why do hate me? Won’t you ever return my dedication?

[color=#1F1F1F]I hope my assist helped, bob, I mean, bub, ah-ehm, babel. Words are hard.
[/color]

[quote=Xaphedo][quote=babelfishwars]Please do not turn off our non-human forum posters. Cyborgs have rights too.

As for turning on or off our human posters - goodness me! Take it to a private room. ;-)[/quote]
Ahrg! English! Why do hate me? Won’t you ever return my dedication?

[color=#1F1F1F]I hope my assist helped, bob, I mean, bub, ah-ehm, babel. Words are hard.
[/color][/quote]

blows raspberry at you