Best way to use up Fascinating?

I just bought my first ship. I was planning to set sail, but I saw the warning that I’ll lose my Fascinating.
I have over 50 in Fascinating by writing a lot of Gothic Romances in the Empress Court. I would like to put the Fascinating to good use before losing it. I see I can use them in “Disporting with the servantry”; converting to Revolutionaries seems to be my best option there. But this is going to take a really long time.

My current status is that I just got a Steamer and Notability 1. Persuasive is at 200, other stats at low/mid 100’s. I’m looking for stuff to do. All the stuff in the Bazaar is really expensive. All my other stories seem blocked.
edited by squiggle on 10/19/2014

the best storywise “reward” that uses facinating seems to be the one that gets you kicked out of court.

That uses inspired. Fascinating is used for the romances there, though; but I think it resets after every challenge.

Yeah, all the good uses I know for Fascinating would reset it, and you’re way over what you need for the court romances.

I chose to write a Gothic Romance specifically to get Fascinating… so I could use it for something. Always have to watch out for those progress qualities. They’re tricky.

I see that the butler can offer 2 CP of Scandal reduction, so if you still have the Big Rat story open where you can &quotAdvertise a spot of hunting&quot, then you could alternate between the two until all those 1275 CPs of Fascinating… are gone. That would take 141 Actions, plus another 282 Actions to get the Scandal that’s being reduced. 423 Actions to get 6345 x Cryptic Clue, 846 x Secluded Address, and 846 CP of Running Battle… which could be turned into roughly 27000 x Rostygold by duelling Chi Lan to the death nine times. With a 50% risk of temporary failure, and getting in and out of the Empress’ Court when Scandal is about to hit level 8, and maybe disporting with a cook to heal wounds after failed duels, I guess that’d be at least 460 Actions to get 127 + 423 + 270 = 820 Echoes. Or 1.78 Echoes/Action. So probably not worth the hassle. And this is when getting all that Fascinating… isn’t accounted for because that’s already been done.

I’ve completed the court romances. That’s probably how my Fascinating grew out of control. I was writing books awhile back to grind for money.

The Big Rat story is an interesting idea. But I think I completed that one too. I don’t remember though. How can I tell?

[quote=squiggle]I’ve completed the court romances. That’s probably how my Fascinating grew out of control. I was writing books awhile back to grind for money.

The Big Rat story is an interesting idea. But I think I completed that one too. I don’t remember though. How can I tell?[/quote]

As long as you’re not banished from court, you can sell your memento and redo it, I think?

If you’ve finished the big rat storyline, your &quotSeeking the Meaning of the Plaster Face&quot story quality is higher than 10.
edited by Aximillio on 10/20/2014

Yes, I did this story line. My “Seeking the Meaning of the Plaster Face” is 20. Was there a memento? I don’t remember it.

From memory: In the Court, if you seduce the Wit and/or the Beauty, you got a Memento of Passion (I think it was called), which can be sold with a Scandal challenge - the higher your Scandal, the better price you’ll get.