Best way to acquire Souls?

Lately I’ve had some rather interesting deals with Devils, however, I seem to be unable to provide them with certain Infernal items of their tastes due to my lack of souls for trade, I’ve been using my ill-acquired gains from sneaking and stealing and what-not to purchase said souls, but I would wonder if there is a better way for a Shadowy individual (103 Modified) who also dabbles in Persuasion and Watchfulness (35-42~ Modified) to acquire a fair number of souls outside of my current strategy, or would my talents as a thief best be used for finding precious objects and selling them to the Bazaar for money as opposed to using up turns to find the souls myself?

Before you’re a POSI there’s a storylet in Ladybones Road that requires 53 Watchful and gives you 28 Souls. After you reach 100 in all stats and become a POSI you can use Unfinished Business in Spite to get a decent (if variable) amount of Souls. You can also try robbing the Brass Embassy in the Flit, but that might be rather out of character.

The most convenient way I know of is to sell your own soul and then build up Someone Is Coming through the faction conflict cards. Then the Capering Relicker can give you 300 x Soul (and 20 x An Infernal Contract) every time he comes by. Sure beats the 250 x Primordial Shrieks you’d otherwise get as a non-PoSI. (Unless you’ve started one of the Fate-locked stories that also unlocks one of the 10 Echo gifts.)

I’m sure if I were to amass enough Echos and get some equipment that were to increase my Watchful over the threshold for that, twenty eight souls for only a small portion of my time sounds like quite the fair trade off. And as you said, robbing the Brass Embassy of it’s souls certainly wouldn’t put me on good terms with my Devilish friends, although the irony of bartering in souls and simply stealing them back certainly isn’t lost on me.

I apologise for my late reply, but might I ask how one would go about relinquishing themselves with ones soul? If it helps any, I am currently in Intimacy with the Quiet Deviless to the 12th degree, and have favor among the devils on the scale of about 19.

I apologise for my late reply, but might I ask how one would go about relinquishing themselves with ones soul? If it helps any, I am currently in Intimacy with the Quiet Deviless to the 12th degree, and have favor among the devils on the scale of about 19.[/quote]

Just continue your intimacy =P

Course, having done that myself, now I’m trying hard to have it back in time for hallowmass… that always seems like a smart idea… rumors about what the door to door devil has helped with before, for example.