Best storylet grind for each connected faction?

What’s the best storylet grind (ie, repeatable, not card based) for each faction that hasn’t been converted to renown yet? Preferably not fate based, either.

Ones I know:

Urchins: Speak softy to the little villains. (a pitiful 3 CP per action point)
Revolutionaries: A public lecture. (15 CP per action point at the cost of 1 suspicion)(notably raises society and bohemian too. Though there are better grinds for those, might as well get them incidentally)
Society: Attend and be erudite (+33! society)
Dutchess/Bohemian: Publish poetry for the duchess. (+22 bohemian, +10 duchess)
Alternative for Duchess: Curry favour with the Duchess (+20 Duchess -40 Society. Not as efficient as publishing poetry, unless you already have too much society connections, in which case a good dump for that
Widow: Working for the widow storylets. (Priority order depending on your Airs: Audience > Peach Brandy (steal a shipment of walking canes) > Tomb Colonist Exodus (take a peak)) (10, 6, and 5 respectively)
Hell: Sell Info to the Brass Embassy (11.25 CP per action with a gang of hoodlums and high shadowy; requires 8 actions to earn and fully turn in casing each time)
Constables: Pass info to the constables. (11.25 CP per action; same as hell)
Benthic/summerset: A colleage with a problem (5 CP for both)
Great Game: Chat to a Tipsy Spy (an abysmal 1 CP and an additional bottle of Greyfields 1882 (2p) cost)
Church: All grinds dependent on your progress in the game. See the thread below. If you’re maxed at everything, it’s probably repeatedly making hounds of heaven, which is really bad CP per AP (~3). The best possible is if you’re halfway through the labyrinth of tigers (4th coil) and you grind Scout out the Fourth Coil (5 CP per action)
Masters: There is none that isn’t fate locked, and even that one is hella expensive (250 echoes per point).
edited by Kaijyuu on 8/23/2016

I believe constables uses the same thing as hell. And “A colleague with a problem” is probably the best source of benthic/summerset.

Church and The Great Game are both awful for this. Editing a book of meditations on the Anchoress gets you 10 CP for 3 actions. Or you could head out to Zee, catch a plated seal, turn it into a hound of heaven at the Labyrinth, and give it to the Bishop.

Chatting to a Tipsy Spy in the Singing Mandrake gets you 1 CP of The Great Game.

I know you’re looking for storylets and not cards, but I feel the need to say that the best thing I ever did for my connection grinds was giving up my Connected Pet so that I could use the various location-specific connection cards.
edited by Kaigen on 8/23/2016

I’m not sure the Great Game actually has any good methods that work at high levels other than cards. For Church, giving the Bishop a Hound of Heaven gives 50 CP but takes many actions, completing A Rousing Hymn in Court gives 50 CP, and with certain Airs spending three actions on a Temperance Campaigner’s quick commission in Veilgarden gives 5 CP.

Masters connections are of course the hardest to raise, and essentially impossible to do without cards. The best method is giving Mr Pages some rarer works from the related card, which gives 3 CP for 375 echoes of items - much better than the 1 CP for 400 echoes of Proscribed Material.

Unfortunately the relevant card in iirc Watchmaker’s Hill is locked with A Clandestine Rendezvous, so that method doesn’t work for all factions.
edited by Optimatum on 8/23/2016

Oh yeah, for 2500 romantic notions you can get some connected masters if you have an invitation to the temple club. That’s a storylet.

I tried that once. I got ONE POINT of Connected: The Masters. One point. I have not bothered to make the attempt again.

I tried that once. I got ONE POINT of Connected: The Masters. One point. I have not bothered to make the attempt again.[/quote]
Hey, one point for 250 echoes is better than one point for 400 echoes.

I’ll mention cards as there aren’t any viable options to raise some connections.
Urchins:
Card: Arson and Avarice from An implausible Penance only 15 CP and 600 Pearls for 3 Criminal Favours

GG:
London air 26-50(NOT 27-48 as wiki says): A furtive duo pick second option for 2CP (lousy) and 14-18 x Fistful of Surface Currency
Card if you haven’t unlocked Wilmot’s End: Don’t you know her? for 10 CP
Card: Decommissioned Steamer it’s only 1 CP, but gives 2 scrap as well
You also have the Numismatrix (GG, Urchins, Bohemians, 1 dock Favour), Visit the Wry Functionary, Sulky Bat card, Nadir Card, but also the Brass card which is only drawn in Ladybones and I don’t advise to stay there.

I advise to stay in The Flit to draw the Favour card for a nice payment, but this consumes Revolutionary connections. The total EPA is still amazing and you get extra Society and Bohemians. Using this cards requires you to grind Revolutionaries in the FQ which means you’ll have a lot of Society and Bohemians connections which aren’t that useful.

But you can exchange Society connections for the Duchess (40 Soc for 20 Duchess) which makes it the best option regarding Echoes and AP spent (even if you consider to cash in Bohemian and Society connections).

You also have the Shepard of souls card (amazing!) and after finishing A Trade in Faces. Of course the faction cards, but also, the most important and valuable card, is, of course, Doctor Schlomo, the Interpreter of Dreams! Doesn’t look great, but, once you’re a PoSI it’s a nice chance to get Master Connections for free. In the months since I am eligible for this card I got 4 Masters CP. And, to be honest, I’m starting to think that the rare success is an alternative one (1 in 4 successes), but it’s up to RNG God!

I tried that once. I got ONE POINT of Connected: The Masters. One point. I have not bothered to make the attempt again.[/quote]
Hey, one point for 250 echoes is better than one point for 400 echoes.[/quote]

Not as good as this option, though.

Hey, one point for 250 echoes is better than one point for 400 echoes.[/quote]

Not as good as this option, though.[/quote]
Certainly true at Masters<11. After that though, the card stops appearing. If the Temple Club option isn’t capped then I can imagine grinding Notions for a year and then politely requesting an invitation. I might reach high teens.

Edit: If anyone is in a position to test this I would be very grateful for their doing so.
[i]edited by MrBurnside on 8/23/2016

[/i]Double Edit: Probably shouldn’t post the the results as they’re fate-locked. A PM would be welcome though.
edited by MrBurnside on 8/23/2016

I just tested this, and &quotA tavern dust-up&quot can still be drawn with A Clandestine Rendezvous, so long as you don’t have a connected pet. So while it may have once locked, it no longer does.

And, just to reiterate what the developers have said in the past, only cards are going to be used for Connections in the future once the Favour/Reknown system comes into play for that faction.

I just tested this, and &amp;amp;quotA tavern dust-up&amp;amp;quot can still be drawn with A Clandestine Rendezvous, so long as you don’t have a connected pet. So while it may have once locked, it no longer does.[/quote]

I think its another one that locks. But it gives criminals/tombcolonists, so its not that great for grinding connections anymore. (On the other hand, does this mean we’ll be locked out of all of these cards once everything is favours?)

Edit: its the tomb colonist and the footpad, drawn in spite.
edited by suinicide on 8/23/2016