Best EPA

I’ve checked your guide on favours (up to the point of obtaining docks favours by said air-related storylet), then checked wiki for something useful. My bad for not being thorough enough, but essentially the conclusion stands - any grind that requires fair amount of favours is not profitable (or is not really a grind). Going to mutton island\prison\tomb colonies to get your favours to seven every now and then would make EPA utterly abysmal =)

Indeed, doing expeditions this way is surprisingly lucrative (I guess because it takes one action to get favours instead of three that it used to be to get connections).

In defence of CoC - the only thing you’re waiting on is tomb colonies card to cash it in. The reason it should be listed is, I believe, the fact that it’s the only option in the war of assasins with reasonable payout. So if you are for some reason stuck with FtWoA (for example, power leveling your watchful after doing some very foolish things), that’s the option you should go for.

[quote=Talkes]I’ve checked your guide on favours (up to the point of obtaining docks favours by said air-related storylet), then checked wiki for something useful. My bad for not being thorough enough, but essentially the conclusion stands - any grind that requires fair amount of favours is not profitable (or is not really a grind). Going to mutton island\prison\tomb colonies to get your favours to seven every now and then would make EPA utterly abysmal =)

Indeed, doing expeditions this way is surprisingly lucrative (I guess because it takes one action to get favours instead of three that it used to be to get connections).

In defence of CoC - the only thing you’re waiting on is tomb colonies card to cash it in. The reason it should be listed is, I believe, the fact that it’s the only option in the war of assasins with reasonable payout. So if you are for some reason stuck with FtWoA (for example, power leveling your watchful after doing some very foolish things), that’s the option you should go for.[/quote]
In attack on CoC: No, it requires favors too. it didn’t always, but it does now, meaning it’s 17 normal actions per 1 card one. Sure, the cards might be distributed, but you need to draw two cards… or make a full tomb colonies trip and draw one, but no ones including that in the epa.

Also in attack on CoC: The fact that it’s the only viable route [1] doesn’t really change anything. The same thing is true for expeditions, and you’re still saying that that’s not a proper grind. it may be less of a card based grind, but unless you’re going to give me a precise ratio- above which it’s still a standard grind, below which it’s a card-based one- both are card-bound, if not card-based, grinds. I suppose that’s a term we’ll need to pick up, as it seems like the number will increase- a word for grinds limited by cards, but not exclusively one of them. After all, favors are becoming a big deal and a surprisingly common content lock.

And yes, it is surprisingly lucrative. it’s not actually that alone, though. In addition to the change from 60 cp = X supplies to 1 favor = X supplies, which is a pretty big difference in-and-of itself, you now get 4 supplies for favors while you got three for connected. Combining both makes this the best use for docks favors in the game.

[1]not actually true, you can get 40 echoes in collated research from war of assassins- 40/33 = 1.21 epa. not exactly god tier, but matching or beating unfinished business, and therefore reasonable. So yes, it is only on the list because it’s grandfathered in.
edited by Grenem on 9/3/2016